Appendix D Soboba Foundation, Inc. EIN 453656119
Page 5 of 9
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Must be an enrolled member of a federally recognized California Indian Tribe (or have Tribal
affiliation solely pending enrollment age) or provide proof student is Tribal descendant.
Appropriate documentation and a letter from the Tribe is required.
2. Student must be enrolled part-time or full-time in a degree seeking program at an
accredited college or university.
3. At the end of the Fall semester, Sponsorship Coordinator will review official copies of the
academic grade reports. Fall grade reports will be used to determine student’s continued
eligibility for funding. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all grades have been
posted and that they are accurate.
4. Student must keep the Sponsorship Coordinator informed of any changes in student’s
status (i.e. new address, name change, intent to withdraw, transfer, reduction of full-time
5. Undergraduate recipients must complete each term with a minimum of 6 – 15 units.
Graduate student recipients must complete each term with a minimum of 6 units. This unit
requirement must be met with new coursework only, no repeat classes are allowed as part
of the part-time/full-time course load.
6. The following types of classes will not be accepted as part of a part-time/full-time course
load: Audits, Repeats, or Workshops. Students may take no more than 3 units of special
study courses per semester as part of the part-time/full-time course load.
7. Recipients must maintain the following Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) in a degree
seeking program to be eligible for continued funding:
a. Undergraduates: 2.75 CGPA
b. Graduates: 3.5 CGPA
8. Suspension: Failure to maintain the minimum CGPA or part-time/full-time course load will
result in automatic suspension. Once on suspension, the student’s subsequent award will
be automatically canceled. Prior to reapplying for a scholarship, the student must have
completed the number of units for which they initially received funding and/or have met
the minimum CGPA for which they received funding. Failure to do so will render the
student ineligible for future scholarship consideration.
9. Scholarships will be granted to eligible applicants on an annual basis with each award being
for a 12 month period. Recipients are eligible to apply for a second year pending
demonstration of exceptional progress.
10. Applicant agrees to have their name, degree being pursued, photograph, and graduation
announcement included in any press releases made by the Soboba Band of Luiseño Indians.
11. Once submitted, all applicant documents become the property of the Soboba Band of
12. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all required materials are received by the
deadline date. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
13. As a condition to this scholarship the applicant must complete a minimum of 10 hours of
community service for the Soboba Band of Luiseño Indians to be completed within 12
14. All decisions made by the Soboba Foundation are final and binding.