Minority Business Development
900 East Broad Street
City Hall, 16th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
Office: (804) 646-5947
Fax: (804) 646-0136
Good-Faith Minority Business Enterprise
and Emerging Small Business Participation Efforts
Documentation of Contacts
All firms listed in this directory have registered with the City of Richmond as a minority owned
business (MBE) or certified as an Emerging Sma ll Business (ESB) . It should be noted, that there
are MBE businesses listed in this directory that are not certified. Therefore, any prime
contractor/v endor desiring to use a registered MBE firm tha t is not certified, must be aware, that
the registered MBE firm has 180 days to get certi fied or before th e completion of the contract,
whichever is less, or the prime contractor/vendor risks not receiv ing credit toward the minority
participation goal for the said project.
Request for Qualification or Request for Proposals No.:
Name of Contractor:
Part I – Method of Contact
How did you contact each Minority Business Enterprise or Emerging Small Business?
A. Telephone. For each firm contacted: □ YES □ NO How many MBE/ESB firms were contacted?
• State the name of the firm, the name of the person contacted, the telephone number contacted and the date of the contact.
B. Fax. For each firm contacted: □ YES □ NO How many MBE/ESB firms were faxed information regarding this project?
• State the name of the firm, the fax number contacted and the date of the contact.
• Attach a copy of the fax transmittal sheet indicating receipt of the fax.
C. E-Mail. For each firm contacted: □ YES □ NO How many MBE/ESB firms were emailed?
• State the name of the firm, the name of the person contacted by e-mail, the e-mail address at which you contacted the person and the date of the contact.
• Attach a copy of the e-mail sent. All copies of e-mails must include metadata indicating “From,” “To” and “Cc” e -mail addresses as well as the date and time of the e-
D. Newspapers and Other Publications. For each advertisement placed in a newspaper or other publication: □ YES □ NO
• State the name of the newspaper or other publication and the date or dates on which the advertisement was published.
• Attach a copy of both the published advertisement and any solicitation advertised.
E. Other. For methods of contact not included above: □ YES □ NO If yes, see below instructions
• Describe the nature of the contact.
• As applicable, state the name of the person contacted, the name of the firm contacted and the date of the contact.
• Attach a copy of any written documentation of the contact.
Attachment A sets forth the form in which the information required above must be submitted.
MBE/ESB-4 Good Faith Effort Form - Revised Date 1/1/2014