• Additional Dwelling Units may require Administrative Review.
• A Colorado State Licensed Electrician and Plumber must perform installation and hook-ups,
unless the homeowner is performing the work.
BUILDING PLANS: 2 sets of plans must be submitted. Plans must be 18”x24” minimum size, complete,
identical, legible and to scale. All plans will be checked at the counter for completeness. If any of the
required information is missing, the building permit application cannot be accepted.
SITE PLAN: Please make sure the following information is provided on the site plan.
• Property address/legal description.
• North Arrow and Scale on each page.
• Show all property lines, building envelopes, flood plain and easements.
• Provide setback distances from boundaries, buildings, septic, well and waterways.
• Location and direction of the county or private road and driveway accessing the property.
• Proposed and existing structures. Include sheds, barns, decks, patios, and any other buildings.
• Existing and proposed grade, positive drainage around structure (to be contained on site).
• Streams, rivers, creeks, springs, ponds and ditches.
• Existing and proposed wells, septic tanks, leach fields and other systems (if applicable).
• Retaining walls (engineer stamped detail required for walls over 4 ft., measured from bottom of
footing to top of wall).
NOTE: Any site plan depicting the placement of any portion of the structure within 50 feet of a property
line or not within an established building envelope shall be prepared, stamped and signed by a licensed
surveyor. For structures to be built within a building envelope, provide a copy of the recorded subdivision
final plat with the proposed structure located in the building envelope.
ARCHITECTURAL PLANS: Please provide the following information on the architectural plans.
• Minimum of four (4) elevations (N,S,E,W). Indicate height of building measured from existing
grade to the midpoint between the ridge and eave of a gable or shed roof or to the top of a flat
• Floor plans for each level, including dimensions and scale noted.
• Clearly label each room or space (bedroom, bath, kitchen, closet, etc).
• Show the location of the mechanical equipment.
• Building cross sections with construction details.
• Window sizes, types and operation noted on the floor plans or elevations.
• Specify roof slope/pitch, roof covering and siding materials.
• Stair and guard details specifying rise, run, height and spacing.
• Attic, roof and crawlspace ventilation details. Indicate size and location of ventilation openings.
• Minimum insulation shown for walls, floors, roofs/ceilings, slabs, basements and crawlspaces.
• Provide stove and fireplace make, model, EPA or Colorado Phase II Certification. Masonry
fireplaces shall be designed to the International Residential Code (IRC) requirements.
STRUCTURAL PLANS: Please provide the following information on the structural plans.
• SOILS REPORT - If the project is located in a subdivision with a final plat requiring site specific
soils investigation report or if Structural plans make a specific reference to a soils report, then a
copy of the soils report is required to submit a building permit application.
• Design specifications to include roof and deck snow load, wind and seismic design and frost
• Foundation plan showing complete footing and foundation dimensions.
• Footing and foundation details specifying reinforcement and referenced on plans.