First submit the Travel Award documents online after your conference travel using the
PRE-APPLICATION (https://www.njit.edu/graduatestudies/gsa-travel-awards/). If you
don't hear back from us within 7 business days during the academic year, submit the
complete Travel Packet to the Graduate Studies Office (GSO) dropbox by the front
desk with the original receipts.
1. The applicant must submit the conference details, abstract, paper/presentation acceptance
letter, recommendation letter from advisor along with the complete Travel Authorization/
Reimbursement Request Form signed by the Chair of the department and the research advisor.
2. The completely filled out application form (attached page 5).
3. The Faculty Recommendation Form completed and signed by the research advisor (attached
4. A completely filled out Travel Authorization/Reimbursement Request Form (attached page
5. A copy of the conference details along with the link to the conference website and a copy of
the applicant's paper that was presented at the conference.
6. If an award for the same travel was received from another NJIT or non-NJIT department then
submit a copy of that award specifying the amount received.
7. Proof that the applicant attended the conference, including a copy of the registration invoice,
the Conference Session schedule with the student's name and the title of the paper/
presentation and Conference badge with the student's name showing your presentation or any
other proof of conference attendance.
8. All original receipts for each item listed in the Travel Authorization Form must clearly show
proof of payment (which may include e-ticket/ boarding pass, hotel expenses, food expenses,
and conference registration fee). CAR RENTAL IS NOT ALLOWED. Also, hotel
accommodation costs must be reasonable (comparable to the average hotel costs in the
area). Please, circle or highlight the amount spent (this amount should match the figures in
your request form). Original receipts must be taped down to a plain piece of paper.
Please make sure that you keep a copy of all the documents you submit to
GSO's dropbox, including copies of all receipts. We will not take any responsibility if any of
the documents are lost before actual reimbursement.