GENERAL & ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR
Temporary Electrical Service Agreement
The parties to this agreement are:
____________________________________________________________(Licensed General Contractor) and
______________________________ _____________________________(Licensed Electrical Contractor) and
Hamilton County, Tennessee. This agreement is entered into this_________ day of ________________ 20_______.
Whereas the parties to this agreement desire to receive permission to energize electrical service on certain property
Whereas the above property is issued a temporary certificate for power only from the Office of Building Inspection.
Electrical service to this property is needed for completion of construction.
Whereas the Building Inspection Department will allow electrical service to this property provided ALL other
construction requirements are met at final inspection and a certificate of occupancy is issued within ninety (90) days.
The Director of Building Inspection or his designee has the option to renew this Agreement for an additional sixty (60)
days after review.
Now therefore all parties to this Agreement agree as follows;
1. The Licensed General Contractor and Licensed Electrical Contractor shall receive immediate electrical service
to the above referenced property provided that all other construction requirements are met at final inspection
and a certificate of occupancy is issued within ninety (90) days.
2. Any electrical circuits installed at this time must be G.F.C.I. protected, with the exception of the HVAC
circuit. No additional breakers may be installed without prior approval and re-inspection. Any breakers
installed, beyond the approved circuits, prior to re-inspection, will be in violation of this Agreement and will
result in penalties outlined in paragraph (6).
3. The Electrical Inspector has inspected the current electrical wiring on this property and has determined that it
is acceptable to be energized pursuant to all current city or county codes.
4. The Licensed General Contractor and Licensed Electrical Contractor agree that all construction shall be
accomplished within this time period in accordance with the ordinances of Hamilton County and the National
5. Authorization for electrical service under this agreement shall not be transferable to any other party. After a
certificate of occupancy has been obtained from the Office of Building Inspection, any electrical service
connection shall be maintained as long as it remains in good repair and does not violate the National Electrical
6. In the event that the certificate of occupancy has not been issued within ninety (90) days or an approved sixty
(60) day extension has been given or in the event of any breach of this Agreement by either contractor, this
electrical service Agreement shall terminate upon written notice by the Director of Building Inspection or the
Electrical Inspector. No further Temporary Electrical Service Agreement shall be allowed for either contractor
for a period of one (1) year.
Please read carefully the “Procedures for Temporary Power to a Structure”.
This___________ day of_________________________________________, 20_______
___________________________ ___________________________ _________________________
Licensed General Contractor Licensed Electrical Contractor Director or Designee