ISPS-11f1 v4 2018
Please read the following before submitting your application:
• We cannot release personal information without verifying the identity and authority of
the person making the request.
• When making an application on behalf of a person who is unable to understand the
Subject Access Request process, you must do so with their best interest only in mind.
• We reserve the right to refuse a request if the release of personal information to another
party is believed not to be in the best interest of the data subject.
• We respect your right to privacy and are committed to protecting it in accordance with
the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018. We will use the details provided on this form
to process your request and for no other purpose.
• We will share this information with any staff who we believe may hold the information
you have requested. Depending upon the nature of the request, this may involve
sharing information with contractors providing a service on behalf of the Council, e.g.
• We may contact other people ('third parties') who are referenced in your information to
gain their consent before disclosing their information to you.
• In some circumstances we may need to forward personal details provided by you in
your application to third party agencies (e.g. GP surgeries, police, other councils) in
order to obtain permission to release information relating to them.
• By completing and submitting this application you consent to the Council sharing your
information with relevant third parties unless otherwise indicated.
• The 1 month period in which the Council is legally required to respond to your request
under the Data Protection Act 2018 will commence after your identity and authority (if
applicable) has been validated. If your request is a complex one the Council is entitled
to extend the deadline from 1 month up to 3 months.
Please return the completed form to:
Data Protection Officer,
Horsham District Council,
Chart Way, Horsham.
If you have any queries about the council's data
protection policies and procedures please e-mail:
We are unable to accept
subject access requests via e-mail.
• Signed and dated the correct declaration on the form?
• Enclosed proof of the data subject's ID?
• Enclosed any additional proof of authority and/or parental responsibility?