Full Fee (Intrastate) Application for Registration Instructions
Idaho Account Number – Leave blank if new. All registrations,
permits, and endorsements will be assigned to this number.
Fleet Number – Indicate the fleet number if known or leave blank.
Application Effective Date – Indicate the effective date for this
U.S. DOT Number – Number assigned to the Registrant by the
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
Taxpayer Identification Number – Employer Identification
Number only (no Social Security Numbers).
Registrant Name and/or DBA – Person, firm, or corporation as it
will appear on the registration (cab card) and “Doing Business As”
name (if applicable). All registrations, permits and endorsements
for this account number will reflect the name(s) and should match
the current USDOT record.
Business Address – Physical street address where the trucking
operation is located.
Mailing Address – Mailing address (if different).
Contact Name – Person able to answer inquiries regarding this
Phone Number – Telephone or cell number for the contact
Fax – Contact person's fax number.
E-mail Address – Most correspondence will be sent electronically
if an e-mail address is provided.
Desired expiration month – If this is your first registration for this
fleet, you may select your desired month of expiration. All
vehicles in this fleet will expire on that date. If no selection is
made, the expiration will default to the end of the 12
from your Application Effective Date.
Vehicle Information (Note, boxes 6, 13, 14 & 15 are not applicable for trailers)
1. Action Code – “A” add power unit; “R” renew power unit; “C”
change vehicle information; “D” delete vehicle registration;
“P” add Permanent trailer; “1YA” add or renew 1-year annual
2. Base Jurisdiction – Two-letter state abbreviation where the
vehicle is based.
3. Unit Number – Up to seven (7) characters used to identify the
vehicle, unique from any other vehicles in this account.
4. Vehicle Year – Manufacturer’s vehicle model year.
5. Vehicle Make – Manufacturer's vehicle make.
6. Fuel Type – D (Diesel); G (Gas); P (Propane)
7. Vehicle Identification Number – Complete VIN as shown on
8. Vehicle Type – “TR” tractor (must pull a trailer to carry a
load); “TK” truck (never pulls a trailer); “TT” truck-tractor (can
carry a load with or without a trailer); “MT” mobile home
toter; “BS” bus; “ST” semi trailer (rests on power unit); “FT”
full trailer (stands alone).
9. Name of Titled Owner – The current owner name as it
appears on the vehicle title.
10. *Idaho Title Number – Title number assigned to the current
owner (for new purchases, provide a copy of the Idaho
Application for Certificate of Title).
11. Purchase Date – Month, day & year the vehicle was
12. TVC – Indicate “Yes” if a Temporary Vehicle Clearance (TVC) is
needed or “No” if not.
13. *Operation Type – “F” farm (only farmer's own farm
commodities or equipment); “E” exempt (only exempt
commodities other than farm); “P” private (own non-exempt
commodities); “H” haul-for-hire (non-exempt commodities
for-hire); “I” interstate (non-exempt commodities, for-hire,
across state lines or as part of an interstate operation)
14. *Combined Gross Weight – Weight of the power unit,
trailer(s), and heaviest load.
15. (a) Mileage – Applies only to vehicles over 60,000 pounds.
Actual Idaho mileage traveled during the mileage reporting
period of July 1 through June 30 with June 30 occurring in the
prior calendar year, except for fleets expiring in June, July or
August, which require the July – June reporting period two
years prior. Note, this is not your odometer reading. If no
Idaho miles were operated during that time, complete the
Full Fee Mileage Guidelines form.
15. (b) Actual/Estimated – “A” actual or “E” estimated for the
type of miles reported in Section 15(a).
16. Idaho Plate – Leave blank if no plate has been assigned.
*Information denoted with an asterisk (*) may require additional documentation. If you are not familiar with title, operation type, or weight
requirements, review the Trucker’s Guide manual – Registration Prerequisites at www.trucking.idaho.gov or contact our office.
Sign and date the application form.