Frequently Asked Questions for Bryant Residence Hall (Retain for your Information)
Is there a curfew for visitors? All outside visitors have to be out of the Bryant Residence Hall each evening by 10:30 pm, Sunday-Wednesday and
midnight on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. No one under the age of eighteen will be allowed to visit unless they have written permission from the Vice
President for Student Affairs or designee. Residents of Bryant Hall can visit in other students’ rooms as long as the door is partially open.
What size are the dorm rooms? Each room is approximately 15’ X 15’.
Are refrigerators allowed? Yes, the compact size refrigerator works great for dorm rooms. Is there a kitchen? There is a kitchen with a full size stove,
refrigerator, microwave, toaster, and vending machines.
What size are the beds? The beds are twin long size.
What furniture is included? Each room has two twin beds; some have a chest of drawers. No sofas or love seats allowed.
Do I clean my own room? Students are responsible for cleaning their room (there will be periodic checks for cleanliness).
Are laundry facilities available? Washers and dryers are free of charge and are located on the first floor.
What appliances should I leave at home? Do not bring microwaves, toasters, toaster ovens or coffee makers.
Is cable T.V. provided? Each room has cable TV service (students may bring televisions).
Are pets allowed? No, unless approved by Kay Morgan, Special Services, in room 214 of the Clegg Building, 1701 Hwy 197N, Clarkesville, GA
30523 or call (706) 754-7828 or by e-mail at
Is phone service provided? Students are responsible for setting up service with a local provider.
May I bring a car to campus? Yes. You are responsible for obtaining a parking permit following the regulations established by the college for operation
of a vehicle on campus. May I bring a bicycle to campus? Yes, there is a bicycle rack provided in the Bryant Residence Hall yard. Each student is
responsible for their own bike and furnishing a lock for safety precautions. Bicycle or similar recreational vehicles are not allowed in the Bryant
Residence Hall.
How will I receive U.S. Mail while I live on campus? Mail may be addressed to the student at NGTC, P O Box 65, Clarkesville, GA 30523.
Resident students may pick up their mail from the Receptionist in the Clegg Building. You are responsible for having your mail forwarded when you
vacate the residence hall to avoid mail being returned to the sender.
What if I need special accommodations? To request special accommodations, contact Kay Morgan, special services, in room 214 of the
Clegg Building, call (706) 754-7828 or by e-mail at
What is the policy concerning alcohol at NGTC? The use, possession, distribution or transportation of alcoholic beverages by NGTC students is
strictly forbidden on campus and at any off campus activity that is sponsored by or in the name of any institutional department or group.
What is the smoking policy at NGTC? NGTC is a TOBACCO FREE campus. This includes inside Bryant Residence Hall and any assigned dorm
rooms. Tobacco Violation Citations and fines are issued to violators. Use of any tobacco product is strictly prohibited.
Are computer labs available? No, there is not a computer lab in Bryant Residence Hall. However, the Campus Library and the Student Center has
computers available for use by all students.
Is the Residence Hall wired for computers? Yes, Bryant Residence Hall has Wi-Fi available at no cost.
Suggested Items to Bring
Pillows, sheets and other bedding (long twin size)
Toiletries/carrying case/flip-flops for shower
Cleaning and laundry supplies
Telephone (Service is student’s responsibility)
Towels and washcloths
Compact refrigerator
Alarm clock
Pots and Pans, plates and utensils for use in
Prohibited Items - See contract for complete list
Space heaters
Coffee makers/Hotplates
Alcoholic beverages
Water-filled furniture
Personal bed - Requires prior medical approval by the Dean of Student Affairs
As set forth in the student catalog, North Georgia Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief,
genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For complaints or information, contact Mike King, VP of Student Affairs (706-
754-7711, Title VI, IX, II), or Kay Morgan, special services contact (706-754-7828, Sec. 504/Title I/ADA) at 1500 HWY 197 N, Clarkesville, GA 30523.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send
your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442
or email at 9/21/16