Unclaimed Benefits Information Enquiry
Notes on Making an Enquiry
(1) Under the following special circumstances, the accrued benefits of an MPF scheme member may be classified as “unclaimed
i. A member who reaches the age of 65 but has not withdrawn his accrued benefits from the trustee and remains
unreachable despite attempts by trustee to locate him through different means.
ii. A member requests his trustee to withdraw accrued benefits. The cheque sent to the member by the trustee however
remains unpresented after 6 months from the issuance date and the member remains unreachable despite attempts by
trustee to locate him through different means.
The MPFA maintains a register of unclaimed benefits for members of the public to check for free.
(2) This “Form UB-AP” is to be completed by any person who wishes to make enquiry about his/her unclaimed benefits
information via an authorized person. The authorized person will also be required to complete part of the Form.
(3) If you wish to make enquiry about unclaimed benefits information for yourself, please use “Form UB-SM”. To make enquiry
about unclaimed benefits information of a deceased scheme member, please use “Form UB-PR”.
(4) You may submit your enquiry to the Authority by:
a. Visiting the Authority in person: Please bring (1) the completed Form, (2) copy of ID document of the scheme member (e.g.
HKID Card) and (3) original ID document of the authorized person.
Level 8, Tower 1, Kowloon Commerce Centre,
51 Kwai Cheong Road, Kwai Chung
Room 1201-1207, Nan Fung Tower,
88 Connaught Road Central, Sheung Wan
25/F, Tower 1, Millennium City 1,
388 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
b. Mail/Fax: Please post or fax the completed Form and copies of ID supporting documents of both the scheme member and the
authorized person to the Authority. (The MPFA will not accept underpaid mail which will be returned to the sender or disposed
of by the Hongkong Post. Please affix sufficient postage.) Search result will be sent to the authorized person by mail.
Address: Customer Services Department, MPFA, Room 1201-1207, Nan Fung Tower, 88 Connaught Road Central, Sheung Wan
Fax: 3146 7367
(5) To ensure proper authorization has been given by the scheme member and to protect members’ personal data, the Authority
may contact and confirm with the scheme member as and when necessary before processing an enquiry. An enquiry will not be
processed if confirmation from the scheme member concerned cannot be obtained.
(6) Notes on using this Form UB-AP:
a. Only one authorized person is allowed for each form. Multiple authorized persons in one form will not be accepted.
b. For any alteration of information on the Form, full signature of the scheme member must be present.
c. For submission in person, Form UB-AP must be submitted by the authorized person himself/herself. Submission by any other
third party will not be accepted.
d. For submission in person, original ID document of the authorized person must be presented for inspection.
e. ID document of the scheme member must be submitted in printed form.
f. Corresponding and valid ID documents of both the scheme member and the authorized person must be presented. For example,
if HKID No. is listed in the Form, a copy of HKID Card must be presented. Non-corresponding and expired ID documents will
not be accepted.
g. This form is valid for one month from the date on which the scheme members signs the form. Expired forms will not be
(7) To check the details of unclaimed benefits, please approach the relevant scheme trustee(s) directly for assistance.
(8) Please note that the Form is only for person who wishes to make enquiry about unclaimed benefits information. For
information relating to personal accounts, please submit your request using the relevant “Personal Account Information
Enquiry Form” (Form PA-SM, PA-PR & PA-AP). For information on contribution accounts, please check with the relevant
employer(s) and/or trustee(s) for details.
(9) The Form and copies of ID document submitted will not be returned.
(10) The Authority reserves the right to change the above requirements without prior notice.