Instructions for Placement Re-Evaluation Petition (PREP)
American River College (ARC) has changed its method for placing students in the English Writing and mathematics course
sequences to use more high school record information. Because you started at ARC before we had a process for collecting
and using high school record information in your placement in English Writing and/or mathematics, you have the option
of having your placement re-evaluated. To be eligible you must have graduated (or will graduate this year) from a U.S.
high school within the last ten (10) years, provide a copy of your unofficial high school transcript, and complete and submit
the short Placement Re-Evaluation Petition (PREP) form. This form is available at Admissions Office or online via our
website at: www.arc.losrios.edu/placement-and-assessment-services
Form MUST be completed in BLACK INK.
Students must have an active record at American River College (ARC) in order to submit their PREP form.
Students must have graduated within the last ten (10) years or will graduate this year from a U.S. high school.
Students must supply a copy of their high school transcript. If your high school graduation date has passed, your
transcript must show your graduation date and grades for your final courses.
Foreign transcripts cannot be accurately evaluated and so will not be eligible for placement re-evaluation.
1. Fill out the bottom of this page and the attached Placement Re-Evaluation Petition (PREP) form.
2. Attach unofficial high school transcript to the PREP form.
3. Use your Los Rios Gmail account at apps.losrios.edu to email the completed forms with your unofficial high
school transcript to email@example.com. Email subject line should include ARC ID Number. (Forms
may also be submitted in person to Admissions Office when the college re-opens. Use BLACK INK.)
4. Look for notification of processing in three (3) to four (4) working days in your Los Rios Gmail account at
B. Admissions Office:
1. Determine whether student’s record is eligible for re-evaluation.
2. Students will be notified via their Los Rios Gmail account at apps.losrios.edu within three (3) to four (4) working
days regarding the results of the petition.
STUDENT NAME ARC ID Number
Staff Initials: ________
Student not eligible. (Graduated more than 10 years ago.)
Incomplete Documentation. (Student should resubmit a new form and
a high school Transcript with graduation date posted.)
Student not active. (Student should submit a new College Application,
fill out high school information accurately, and check eServices
account the next day.)
PREP Form: (see next page)