The applicant must use this aﬃdavit to support their claim of residency or being domiciled in Texas. This form and any proof
submitted do not guarantee the issuance of a Texas driver license or identication card.
1. The form must be complete, legible, and signed by the applicant and the individual or representative.
2. Provide copy of two acceptable documents to support the applicant’s claim of residence or domicile in Texas.
3. For individuals who are related, provide copies of two acceptable residency documents, document(s) demonstrating
family relationship, and the signed aﬃdavit. Acceptable documents demonstrating family relationship may include,
but are not limited to:
Marriage license Military dependent identication card
Birth certicate Adoption records
4. For individuals who are non-family, provide copies of two acceptable residency documents and the signed aﬃdavit.
The individual must accompany the applicant and present a valid Texas driver license or identication card.
5. A representative of a governmental entity, not-for-prot organization, assisted care facility/home, adult assisted living
facility/home, homeless shelter, transitional service provider, or group/half way house must provide a notarized letter
certifying to the address where the applicant resides or receives services and verifying they receive mail for the applicant
in lieu of two acceptable residency documents. This representative is not required to accompany the applicant.
6. An applicant is not required to comply with this section if they are subject to the address condentiality program
administered by the Oﬃce of the Attorney General or currently incarcerated in a Texas Department of Criminal Justice
7. DPS determines if submitted documents are acceptable and has the authority to reject or require additional evidence
to verify residence address.
Acceptable residency documents:
The following are acceptable as long as they include the name of the applicant and their Texas residential address and
show the applicant has lived in Texas for at least 30 days prior to application:
Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet, or a residential rental/lease
Valid, unexpired Texas voter registration card
Texas motor vehicle registration or title
Texas boat registration or title
Texas concealed handgun license
An electric, water, natural gas, satellite television, cable television, or non-cellular telephone statement dated within
90 days of the date of application
Selective Service card
Current homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy or homeowner’s or renter’s insurance statement or current
automobile insurance policy or an automobile insurance statement
Texas high school, college, or university report card or transcript for the current school year
W-2 or 1099 tax form from the current tax year
Mail from nancial institutions; including checking, savings, investment account, and credit card statements dated
within 90 days of the date of application
Mail from a federal, state, county, or city government agency dated within 90 days of the date of application
Current automobile payment booklet
Current documents issued by the US military indicating residence address
Document from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice indicating the applicant's recent release or parole
Medical or health card
Pre-printed paycheck or payment stub dated within 90 days of the date of application
Current Form DS2019, I-20, or a document issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
(non-commercial driver license and identication cards only)