ONLINE FACULTY OBSERVATION/EVALUATION FORM
Department: Department Chair:
Instructors are important to Southern Union State Community College in terms of successfully fulfilling
the needs of the community through quality instruction. Please note that part-time faculty are
recommended for hire and rehire on the basis of need, teaching performance, teaching-related and
professional qualifications related to the teaching field.
I. Teaching Evaluation
A. Supervisor or Designee for Online Observation
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR OF INSTRUCTOR
1. Posted course syllabus clearly defines
objectives for course.
2. Proof of communication with students on a
regular basis through email, discussion
boards, course announcement or other media.
3. Addresses student questions in a timely
manner according to timeline indicated in
4. Demonstrates competency of the Learning
Management System and technology used in
5. Is knowledgeable about and demonstrates
enthusiasm about the subject matter
6. Presents material in a clear and
7. Encourages students to ask questions and
responds in an appropriate and timely
8. Engages students in the online learning
process by using a variety of teaching
9. Encourages critical thinking and analysis
through a variety of online learning activities.
10. Checks students’ understanding of course
learning objectives through online
assignments, quizzes or tests.
Comments: (add additional sheet if needed)