Remote Proprietary Auxiliary
83. Does the Proprietary or Local systems have the required battery size (24
hr. standby and 5 alarm)?
84. Does the Central Station system have the required battery size (24 hr.
standby and 5 alarm)?
85. Does the Remote Station system have the required battery size (60 hr.
standby and 5 alarm)?
86. Does the Emergency Voice EVAC System have the required battery size
((when general evacuation is used, the battery standby requirements
must match the fire alarm system type used in the building (24 hours or
60 hours standby) and the alarm must sound for not less than 5
minutes)) NFPA 72 22.214.171.124.4.2 ((when partial evacuation or relocation of
occupants is used, 15 minutes of alarm is required NFPA 72 1-5.2.6)) NOTE:
ALL other battery backups for other panels, power supplies or other
equipment essential to system operation, shall meet the same requirements
as those of 1-5.2.1 through 1-5.2.8 and 1-5.8.6).
87. Does the facility have a compliant emergency Generator providing back-up
power to the fire alarm system? (Still Requires a min. of 4 hours standby
and 5 minutes of alarm for battery back-up) NFPA 72 1-5.2.6 (b)
88. For Local Alarms Only; Is the Manual pull station information plate installed
at each pull station stating: "Local Alarm Only - Dial 911"?
89. Are the interior evacuation devices activated by operation of the sprinkler
flow switches and/or any other suppression system ((Florida Building Code
903.9.3 and 905.1.5.3, NFPA 101 303.4.2.2, 31-126.96.36.199, 12-188.8.131.52 exception
#2, and 13-184.108.40.206 exception #2))?
90. Do the sprinkler valve tamper switches cause an audible, visual and
supervisory indication at the annunciator panel only? (Valve tamper shall not
cause door closers, chimes, bells or alarms to operate (NFPA 72
91. Are the sprinkler systems supervised in accordance with the 2004 edition
of the Florida Building Code Section 903.9.3?
Are all waterflow alarms non-silenceable while water is flowing?
92. Is all fire alarm equipment installed in locations that do not exceed the
voltage, temperature or humidity limits ((NFPA 72 1-5.5.1))?
93. Is the Control Equipment mounted in air-conditioned, temperature
controlled spaces? Are details submitted on the plans? ((NFPA 72 1-
94. Are all Audible Devices / Circuits programmed in the "Temporal Code of
Three" pattern? (NOTE: NOT Required if the intent is to relocate persons to
another area, and not to evacuate the building) ((NFPA 72 3-220.127.116.11 and
NFPA 101 9-6.3.5))