Please read ﬁrst
• This form can be used in a variety of
circumstances and must be used for applications
within proceedings. For further guidance on
when this form is to be used please see the
Court of Protection Rules 2007 and the Practice
Directions accompanying the Rules or contact
Customer Services at the number below.
• If you wish to apply to start proceedings please
complete the COP1 application form.
• If you wish to apply to be joined as a party to
the proceedings please complete the COP10
application notice for applications to be joined as
• You may have to pay a fee when you make an
application. Refer to the leaﬂet COP44 Court of
Protection – Fees for details.
• You may need to pay for any costs you incur
during the proceedings. If the court considers
that you have acted unreasonably you can
be ordered to pay the costs incurred by other
© Crown Copyright 2015
Full name of person to whom the application relates
(this is the person who lacks, or is alleged, to lack capacity)
Court of Protection
• Please continue on a separate sheet of paper
if you need more space to answer a question.
Write the case number, your name, the name of
the person to whom the application relates, and
number of the question you are answering on
each separate sheet.
• For assistance in completing this form please see
guidance notes and website:
• Court of Protection staff cannot give legal
advice. If you need legal advice please contact
For ofﬁce use only