Page 2 of 3
Permission is hereby granted to _________________________________________________________
_________________________ to operate, transport or move the vehicles and/or loads referred to on
Page 1 of this Application over the County Roads and Bridges and on dates specified pursuant to
the following Conditions and Restrictions:
1. This Permit shall not be assigned or transferred.
2. Notice shall be given by said Applicant to the Commissioner of Public Works at least 48
hours in advance of the date(s) when the transport involves a load which will present special
problems to the municipality, affect public utility lines, or required specialized escort
3. The Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and save harmless the County from all
suits actions or damages of every kind whatsoever which may arise from, or on account of,
the transport conducted under this Permit. General Liability Insurance for the protection of
the Applicant and the County will be maintained in such an amount and in such company
and in such case as the Commissioner may require.
4. The Commissioner reserves the right to revoke or cancel this Permit at any time should the
Applicant fail to comply with the terms and conditions.
5. Applicant’s approved copy of the Special Hauling Permit shall be in possession of the
6. Transport Criteria:
a) No moves shall be made on Sundays or Holidays, including business days before and
b) All movements shall be limited to daylight hours, and only when weather and road
conditions are favorable.
c) Special arrangements or detour routes may be mandated when the County Road has a
designated load limit.
d) Bridge Load Limits shall be absolutely adhered to. No exceptions shall be made.
Violation of this clause shall result in immediate revocation of the Permit and subject
the Applicant to legal action as provided by applicable laws.
e) The Applicant shall be responsible for the inspection of the transport route to ascertain
limiting factors such as bridge clearances, bridge load limits, road gradients and
curvature, overhead line clearances and the like, prior to transport.
7. Proper traffic safety procedures, as set forth in the National MUTCD (Manual of
Uniform Traffic Control Devices), latest edition, and the NYS Supplement to the
MUTCD, shall be adhered to when loading, unloading, transporting or stopping within
the public highway corridor.
8. The Owner/Applicant is responsible to attain any additional required permits/permissions
including, but not limited to, applicable Federal, State and Local permissions.
9. Arrangements shall be made with local law enforcement agencies to provide, where required,
for the handling of motor vehicle traffic, the re-routing of traffic or similar emergencies that
may arise out of the exercise of this Permit.
APPLICATION FOR SPECIAL HAULING PERMIT