Department of the Treasury—Internal Revenue Service
Income Tax Return for Single and
Joint Filers With No Dependents
OMB No. 1545-0074
Your first name and initial
Last name
Your social security number
If a joint return, spouse’s first name and initial
Last name
Spouse’s social security number
Make sure the SSN(s)
above are correct.
Home address (number and street). If you have a P.O. box, see instructions.
Apt. no.
City, town or post office, state, and ZIP code. If you have a foreign address, also complete spaces below (see instructions).
Foreign country name
Foreign province/state/county
Foreign postal code
Presidential Election Campaign
Check here if you, or your spouse if filing
jointly, want $3 to go to this fund. Checking
a box below will not change your tax or
Form(s) W-2
Enclose, but do
not attach, any
1 Wages, salaries, and tips. This should be shown in box 1 of your Form(s) W-2.
Attach your Form(s) W-2.
2 Taxable interest. If the total is over $1,500, you cannot use Form 1040EZ. 2
Unemployment compensation and Alaska Permanent Fund dividends (see instructions).
4 Add lines 1, 2, and 3. This is your adjusted gross income. 4
If someone can claim you (or your spouse if a joint return) as a dependent, check
the applicable box(es) below and enter the amount from the worksheet on back.
You Spouse
If no one can claim you (or your spouse if a joint return), enter $10,150 if single;
$20,300 if married filing jointly. See back for explanation.
6 Subtract line 5 from line 4. If line 5 is larger than line 4, enter -0-.
This is your taxable income.
and Tax
7 Federal income tax withheld from Form(s) W-2 and 1099. 7
8a Earned income credit (EIC) (see instructions) 8a
b Nontaxable combat pay election.
Add lines 7 and 8a. These are your total payments and credits.
Tax. Use the amount on line 6 above to find your tax in the tax table in the
instructions. Then, enter the tax from the table on this line.
Health care: individual responsibility (see instructions) Full-year coverage
Add lines 10 and 11. This is your total tax.
Have it directly
deposited! See
instructions and
fill in 13b, 13c,
and 13d, or
Form 8888.
13a If line 9 is larger than line 12, subtract line 12 from line 9. This is your refund.
If Form 8888 is attached, check here
Routing number
c Type:
Checking Savings
Account number
You Owe
If line 12 is larger than line 9, subtract line 9 from line 12. This is
the amount you owe. For details on how to pay, see instructions.
Third Party
Do you want to allow another person to discuss this return with the IRS (see instructions)?
Yes. Complete below. No
Personal identification
number (PIN)
Joint return? See
Keep a copy for
your records.
Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return and, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is true, correct, and
accurately lists all amounts and sources of income I received during the tax year. Declaration of preparer (other than the taxpayer) is based
on all information of which the preparer has any knowledge.
Your signature Date
Your occupation
Daytime phone number
Spouse’s signature. If a joint return, both must sign. Date
Spouse’s occupation
If the IRS sent you an Identity Protection
PIN, enter it
here (see inst.)
Use Only
Print/Type preparer’s name
Preparer’s signature Date
Check if
Firm’s name
Firm’s address
Firm’s EIN
Phone no.
For Disclosure, Privacy Act, and Paperwork Reduction Act Notice, see instructions. Cat. No. 11329W
Form 1040EZ (2014)
Form 1040EZ (2014)
Page 2
Use this form
• Your filing status is single or married filing jointly. If you are not sure about your filing status, see instructions.
• You (and your spouse if married filing jointly) were under age 65 and not blind at the end of 2014. If you were born on
January 1, 1950, you are considered to be age 65 at the end of 2014.
• You do not claim any dependents. For information on dependents, see Pub. 501.
• Your taxable income (line 6) is less than $100,000.
• You do not claim any adjustments to income. For information on adjustments to income, use the TeleTax topics listed under
Adjustments to Income at (see instructions).
• The only tax credit you can claim is the earned income credit (EIC). The credit may give you a refund even if you do not owe
any tax. You do not need a qualifying child to claim the EIC. For information on credits, use the TeleTax topics listed under
Tax Credits at (see instructions). If you received a Form 1098-T or paid higher education expenses, you
may be eligible for a tax credit or deduction that you must claim on Form 1040A or Form 1040. For more information on tax
benefits for education, see Pub. 970. If you can claim the premium tax credit or you received any advance payment of the
premium tax credit in 2014, you must use Form 1040A or Form 1040.
• You had only wages, salaries, tips, taxable scholarship or fellowship grants, unemployment compensation, or Alaska
Permanent Fund dividends, and your taxable interest was not over $1,500. But if you earned tips, including allocated tips, that
are not included in box 5 and box 7 of your Form W-2, you may not be able to use Form 1040EZ (see instructions). If you are
planning to use Form 1040EZ for a child who received Alaska Permanent Fund dividends, see instructions.
Filling in your
If you received a scholarship or fellowship grant or tax-exempt interest income, such as on municipal bonds, see the
instructions before filling in the form. Also, see the instructions if you received a Form 1099-INT showing federal income tax
withheld or if federal income tax was withheld from your unemployment compensation or Alaska Permanent Fund dividends.
For tips on
how to avoid
mistakes, see
Remember, you must report all wages, salaries, and tips even if you do not get a Form W-2 from your employer. You must also
report all your taxable interest, including interest from banks, savings and loans, credit unions, etc., even if you do not get a
Form 1099-INT.
for Line 5 —
Who Checked
One or Both
(keep a copy for
your records)
Use this worksheet to figure the amount to enter on line 5 if someone can claim you (or your spouse if married
filing jointly) as a dependent, even if that person chooses not to do so. To find out if someone can claim you as a
dependent, see Pub. 501.
A. Amount, if any, from line 1 on front . . . . . .
350.00 Enter total
A .
B. Minimum standard deduction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . B .
C. Enter the larger of line A or line B here . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . C .
D. Maximum standard deduction. If single, enter $6,200; if married filing jointly, enter $12,400 . D .
E. Enter the smaller of line C or line D here. This is your standard deduction . . . . . . . . E .
F. Exemption amount.
• If single, enter -0-.
• If married filing jointly and —
—both you and your spouse can be claimed as dependents, enter -0-.
—only one of you can be claimed as a dependent, enter $3,950.
F .
G. Add lines E and F. Enter the total here and on line 5 on the front . . . . . . . . . . G .
If you did not check any boxes on line 5, enter on line 5 the amount shown below that applies to you.
• Single, enter $10,150. This is the total of your standard deduction ($6,200) and your exemption ($3,950).
• Married filing jointly, enter $20,300. This is the total of your standard deduction ($12,400), your exemption ($3,950), and
your spouse's exemption ($3,950).
Mail your return by April 15, 2015. Mail it to the address shown on the last page of the instructions.
Form 1040EZ (2014)