Concurrent Enrollment Permission and Registration Process
*This form is not to be used for Dual Enrollment registration. See #11
You may wish to view an online prep session that provides an explanation of this form and a discussion of what to expect
when taking classes at Shasta College. http://www.shastacollege.edu/hsplacement
1. Consult: with your parent/guardian and your high school counselor.
Apply: for admission online at www.shastacollege.edu/apply.
3. Download and Complete: the Concurrent Enrollment Permission Request. A complete form will include signatures from
the student, parent/guardian and school principal. Graduating 8
graders may obtain a signature from either the middle
school or high school principal.
4. Math Placement: Please email or submit your unofficial school transcript with this application to determine appropriate
placement. Students interested in transfer-level math need to schedule an appointment with a Shasta College counselor
at (530) 242-7724. Go to http://www.shastacollege.edu/hsplacement
for additional placement and pre-requisite
5. English Placement: Students in the 10
grade or below who wish to enroll in transfer level English (e.g. English 1A) or in a
class with transfer-level English as a prerequisite (e.g. Geography 8) will be required to email or submit a
and an unofficial transcript along with this application. A letter of recommendation is encouraged. Students in the 11
grade or above who wish to enroll in transfer level English must email or submit a copy of their unofficial high school
transcript with this application. Go to http://www.shastacollege.edu/hsplacement
, for additional placement and pre-
requisite information as well as the writing prompt.
6. Other Prerequisites: Many courses offered at Shasta College have prerequisites or enrollment restrictions. Please refer
to the Shasta College Catalog for additional information. Students who wish to enroll in a course that may present a safety
hazard (e.g. Welding) or an audition-based course (e.g. Shasta College Concert Orchestra) must obtain instructor approval
before attempting to register. Instructors may email approval to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Complete and Submit this Concurrent Enrollment Permission Request:
Consult with your school counselor and/or principal to select courses and obtain appropriate signatures. It is
advisable to select alternate courses. Completed forms and supporting documentation can be submitted in the
• Scan/Email to email@example.com
• Mail to Shasta College Admissions and Records, PO Box 496006, Redding, CA 96049-6006
Attn: Concurrent Enrollment
• In Person to the Admissions and Records Office (Redding Campus) or at any Extended Education campus
Please allow three to five business days for processing. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION ONCE THIS
REQUEST HAS BEEN PROCESSED.
8. Online Registration: Once you have received an email confirmation, proceed with the ONLINE REGISTRATION through
MyShasta. View the Shasta College website to obtain the date and time of your registration. A short guide on how to
register for classes online is available at
9. Fees: Concurrent enrollment is defined as a high school or younger student taking college courses at a Shasta College
campus or online. The $46 per unit registration fee is waived. Concurrently enrolled students pay the Student Health Fee
and the Campus Center Fee at the time of registration. Courses may have additional textbook and material fees.
Transcripts: If you are completing a course to obtain high school credit, please request to have your Shasta College
transcripts sent to your high school. Transcript requests are available online at http://www.shastacollege.edu/transcript
11. * Dual Enrollment: Dual enrollment is defined as a high school student taking college courses at their local high school.
Dual enrolled students do not pay registration, health and campus center fees.