• A WI Driver License/ID Card, if not expired or canceled; may be used even if driving privileges have been revoked
• Any other ocial identication card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
• An employee ID card with a photograph, but not a business card
• A real property tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
• A residential lease (does not count as proof of residence if elector submits form by mail)
• A picture ID from a university, college or technical college coupled with a fee receipt or an on-campus housing listing
provided by the university, college or technical college
• A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made
• (Homeless voters only) A letter from an organization that provides services to the homeless that identies the voter and
describes the location designated as the person’s residence for voting purposes
• A contract/intake document prepared by a residential care facility indicating that the occupant resides in the facility
• A bank/credit card statement
• A paycheck or pay stub
• A check or other document issued by a unit of government
If you do not have a street number or address, please use
this map to show where you live.
If you are a homeless voter and are registering to vote,
please also provide a letter from an organization that
provides services to the homeless that:
• Lists your name
• Describes the location designated as your residence for
• If you did not check every box in this section, you are not eligible to vote in Wisconsin. Do not complete this form.
• Provide your current and complete name. Please provide your name as it appears on your WI driver license or state-issued
ID card (Box 7), if applicable, and the proof of residence document you provided in Box 8.
• Provide your month, day, and year of birth.
• Providing your phone number and/or email address is optional and is subject to open records requests. This information
may be used by your municipal clerk to contact you about your voter record or absentee ballot request.
• Provide your home address (legal voting residence) in Wisconsin.
• Provide your full street name, including the type (St, Ave, etc.) and any pre- and/or post-directional (N, S, etc.).
• You may not enter a PO Box as a residential address. A rural route box without a number should not be used.
• A “military elector” is a person, or the spouse or dependent of a person who is a member of a uniformed service or merchant
marine, a civilian ocially attached to a uniformed service and serving outside the United States, or a Peace Corp volunteer.
Military electors are not required to register as a prerequisite to voting at any election.
• A “permanent overseas elector” is a US citizen, at least 18 years old, who does not qualify as a resident of this state, but
who either last lived in this state, or whose parent last lived in this state immediately prior to the parent’s departure from the
United States, and who is not registered to vote in any other state.
• If your mailing address is dierent from your home address, provide it here. A PO Box is acceptable as a mailing address.
Overseas electors should provide their complete overseas address here.
• Provide full previous name if changed and/or previous address if you have been registered to vote anywhere in the U.S.
• If you have a valid and unexpired WI driver license or WI DOT ID: provide that number. If you do not know your number,
please call (608) 266-2353 to get it.
• If you have an expired, canceled, suspended, or revoked WI driver license or WI DOT ID: you must provide the last four
digits of your Social Security number. In addition, you may also provide the number on your license or ID (optional).
• If you have never been issued a WI driver license or WI DOT ID: provide the last four digits of your Social Security number.
• If you do not have a WI driver license or WI DOT ID nor a Social Security Number: please check the appropriate box.
If you are registering to vote on Election Day and have been issued a WI driver license or ID, but are unable or unwilling to
provide the number, your vote will not be counted unless you provide the number to the election inspectors by 8:00 p.m. on
Election Day or to your municipal clerk by 4:00 p.m. the Friday following Election Day.
Assistant: If you are unable to sign this form due to a physical disability, you may have an assistant do so on your behalf. That
assistant must provide his or her signature and address in the space provided. By signing, the assistant certies that he or she
signed the form at your request.
Do you need any accommodations at your polling place (e.g., curbside voting)? If so, please describe:
Please indicate if you are interested in
being a poll worker
Proof of residence documents may be provided in an
All proof of residence documents must contain voter’s current name and address.