EXPRESS CHECK OUT WAIVER
Before signing and submitting this form, please read carefully all of the information regarding the Express Check Out process, including the terms
listed below. This form must be submitted at the time of your departure (24 hours after your last final and no later than 1:00pm on Saturday, May
) to your CA, RC or the Res Life Office (Student Center 230).
NAME:______________________________ BUILDING & ROOM #: ___________________________
By my signature below, I understand and am agreeing to the following terms of the Express Check Out process:
1. I am voluntarily agreeing to participate in the Express Check Out process and am choosing not to participate in the Standard Check Out
Appointment with a Community Assistant (CA).
2. I will properly prepare my room and common areas for move out and fully comply with the requirements of the Express Check Out
process as stated above. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the assessment of fines.
3. Res Life staff will conduct a complete inspection of my room after my departure, and I am waiving my right to be present during a check
4. Res Life staff will assess damage and cleanliness charges based upon their examination of the condition of the room at the time of the
5. Charges may be assessed to my account for problems with the condition of the room as determined by Res Life staff during their
inspection of the room.
6. All roommates will share responsibility for any concerns with the condition of the room and all fees and fines will be assessed equally
amongst all roommates.
7. I understand that with an express check out there is no appeal available for fines and for any damage and cleaning charges assessed for
the condition of my room at check out.
I have indicated below any damages that I am aware of and for which I admit responsibility. I understand that unless I have indicated responsibility
below, all charges will be divided and assessed equally amongst all roommates.
Express Check Out Procedures:
1. Prepare your room for check out
• Remove all personal items and trash
Damages I am aware of and responsible for (describe location and
• See your custodian before moving out to have them de-loft your bed
• Clean, scrub, sweep, dust, mop all furniture, drawers, walls, floors, window sills
• Remove all stickers, tape & residue from doors, furniture, floors, closets, windows and walls
• Clean all kitchen areas; defrost and unplug refrigerator
• Clean all common rooms
• Clean all bathrooms (i.e. toilets, floor, sink, mirrors, walls, shower, bathtub, shelving, cabinets)
• Close and lock window
• Leave blinds/shades/curtains open
• Close and lock room door
2. Read, complete and sign this Express Waiver Check Out form.
3. Turn in Express Check Out Waiver form to your CA, RC or the Res Life Office at the time of our departure (24 hours after your last final
and no later than 1:00pm on Saturday, May 13
click to sign
click to edit