Nevada Business Registration Form Instructions
Important details are requested on the Nevada Business Registration to aid in the registration process. It is important to respond to all items. Any
omission could result in a delay in processing your application.
LINE BY LINE INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE NEVADA BUSINESS REGISTRATION.
1. Check New Business if the application is being used to start a new business or if you are making changes to an existing entity (adding a
location, changing name or address, etc.) please Check Update Business.
2. Check whether you are applying for a Sales/Use Tax Permit, Consumer Use Tax Permit or a Certificate of Authority.
3. Check All Boxes that Apply.
4. Business Entity Type: Indicate entity type.
5. Nevada Business ID Number: Enter the number shown on your State Business License or exemption issued by the Secretary of State.
6. Federal Tax Identification Number: Enter your Federal Tax Identification Number (FEIN). For information regarding an FEIN, contact the
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 1-800-829-4933 or go to http://IRS.gov/businesses. If you have applied for your number and have not received
it, write “PENDING”. If your FEIN changes, you must complete a new Nevada Business Registration.
7. State & Date of Incorporation: Enter the date and state in which you incorporated.
8. Corporate/Entity Name and Nevada Name (DBA): Enter your corporate/entity name and fictitious firm name that you are doing business as in
9. Corporate/Entity Address, Corporate/Entity Telephone, Email address: Enter the complete address of the corporation/entity:
Corporate/Entity telephone number: Email address.
10. Location of Nevada Business Operations, Location Telephone Number, and Business Fax Number: Enter the location of your business,
Telephone Number associated with this location and Business Fax number.
11. Location Mailing Address, Modified Business Tax Mailing Address: Enter the address that will be used to mail any licenses, reports, and
correspondence relating to your individual location and/or Modified Business Tax.
12. Commerce Tax Mailing Address: Enter the address that will be used to mail any licenses, reports, and correspondence relating to
13. Location of Business Records: Enter the address that your business records will be kept for the location you are referring to on this
14. List All Owners, Partners, Corporate Officers, Managers, Members, etc.: Include the full legal name, home address (street, city, state,
and zip code), Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) if you have not been assigned a social security
number in the United States. Date of birth, title in the company, percentage of business owned, and telephone number. Attach Additional Sheets
if needed. *If you are making changes to the existing owners/officers currently on file with the Department, please check the box, the
Department will mail you a “Taxpayer Information Update Form”.
15. Date business started in Nevada, Date location opened in Nevada: Enter the date that your business started in Nevada: Enter the date the
business will begin operations or did begin operating in Nevada. If you are adding a location please put the date of when the new location will
16. Do you have employees in Nevada: If you have employees that will be or have been working in Nevada, please put the approximate amount
of employees you will have or currently have. By answering yes to this question you will need to contact the Employment Security Division
(ESD) at (775) 684-0350 (Northern Nevada), (702) 486-0350 (Southern Nevada), (888) 890-8211(Toll-Free Number), if you have not done
17. Unemployment Insurance # (ESD/UI): If you have already established your business with the Employment Security Division place your
account number that you received that is referred to as a UI number, in this box. If you have applied but have not received your number then
please put “PENDING”.
18. Check all boxes that apply.
19. Describe your business, NAICS (Northern American Industry Classification System) Code: Please describe the nature of your business.
Enter the 6 digit code that pertains to what your business classification is. If you are unsure you can visit http://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/
for a list of classification codes.
20. Have you Acquired this Business, Changed Ownership or Changed your Federal Identification Number?
Date Acquired/Changed: Put the exact date in which the business was acquired or changed. Acquired/Changed By (Check all that apply): Did you
purchase or are you leasing the business? If yes, how much did you purchase the business for or how much are you leasing it for? Please check
the Escrow Company box if your transaction to obtain the business went through an escrow company. If other, please specify.
Portion Acquired/Changed: Did you purchase or acquire the assets only, property only, property and assets or the whole business and assets.
Are you keeping the Federal Tax Identification Number: Yes/No. Name of Previous Owner(s), Business Name: Please list all previous owners
and the previous business name. Business Address: Please list the address where the business was located under the previous owner. Previous
businesses Sales/Use Tax permit number. Previous owners ESD/UI account number.
21. Estimated total Nevada monthly receipts: this is the total of all gross receipts from Nevada including wholesale sales, services necessary to
complete the sale, exempt sales, etc.
22. Estimated total Nevada monthly Taxable receipts: this is the total of taxable sales only of tangible personal property. Do not include
wholesale sales, exempt sales, etc.
23. Reporting Cycle: Please indicate filing frequency desired. Taxable sales or purchases exceeding $10,000 per month or $30,000 per quarter
must report monthly. Options may not apply to certain tax types.
24. Security: Check the type of security deposited. A Sales/Use Tax permit will not be issued until applicable security is submitted. In order to
determine the security requirement, multiply your estimated total Nevada monthly taxable receipts (box 22) by the highest tax rate in Nevada,
which is 8.375% as of 01-01-2020. This is your estimated average monthly tax liability. Security is required equal to three times your monthly
tax liability for monthly reporting or six times monthly tax liability for quarterly reporting. A security deposit will not be required if the amount
calculated does not exceed $1,000. There is no maximum security. After three full years of perfect reporting, you may apply for a waiver of the
25. Sales Tax Permit Fee: A $15.00 permit fee for EACH in-state business location is required. If the business does not have a physical location
in Nevada, it must still pay a minimum fee of $15.00. Total number of locations (box 26) should be multiplied by the Sales Tax fee
(example: 3 Nevada Business Locations times (x) $15.00 fee = $45.00).
26. Total Nevada Business Locations: Number of physical locations in Nevada.