Application Form Notes
Notes for Completion of Form
1. The applicant is the person on whose behalf the work is being carried out, e.g. the building owner.
Please note: as stated in box 9, the applicant may also be responsible for the payment of inspection fees which will be
invoiced at commencement of work. (Full Plans applications ONLY)
2. The agent is normally the person employed to act on behalf of the applicant in submitting the application. This is
normally your architect but can also be your builder. Please note: if you fill in box 2 as your agent, all
correspondence will go to them. If you fill in box 2 as your builder, all correspondence will go to the applicant in box 1
3. Any decision documentation will be sent in the post.
4. If the works involve extensions or alterations to a domestic dwelling please state “domestic”.
5. Fees. The appropriate fee is dependant on the type of work proposed. A fee scale and methods of calculation are
set in the guidance note on fees which is on our website or available on request.
Table A applies to new dwellings upto 300m2 and flats upto 3 storeys and applies to both new build and
change of use/conversion.
Table B applies to extensions, loft and garage conversions, garages and car ports being built at existing
Table C applies to any other work to an existing dwelling including replacement windows, re-roof,
structural alterations etc.
Table D applies to any new or extended non-domestic building. This includes shops, offices, hotels and
any other type of commercial or public building.
Table E applies to any other work to a non-domestic building including replacement windows, re-roofs,
structural alterations and fit outs.
The tables listed above conatin our STANDARD CHARGES. The tables also list certain types of work for which an
individual charge applies. These individual charges are tailor-made for your project and will be calculated on
request. If your project is subject to an individual charge please email firstname.lastname@example.org entitled
'request for Building Regulation charge', along with a full description of the work you propose. We will contact you
regarding this within 24 hours. Alternatively, please phone 01253 476219.
6. Subject to certain exceptions a Full Plans Submission attracts charges payable by the person by whom or on whose
behalf work is to be carried out. Charges for work costing more than £9000 are generally payable in two stages. The
first charge must accompany the deposit of plans and the second charge is payable after the first site inspection of
work in progress. This second charge, for which an invoice will be issued, is a single payment to cover all site visits
and consultations which may be necessary until the work is satisfactorily completed.
The Building Notice fee is the total of the Plan fee and Inspection fee added together and is payable on submission of
7. A Conditional approval can be issued for an application for which certain minor information is not yet available. It can
require you to provide additional information or a modification to the deposited plans. Once dealt with, you will
receive a discharge of conditions notice.
The normal length of time for dealing with a full plans application is 5 weeks. This period can be extended up to no
longer than 2 months from submission to enable you longer to deal with any amendments which may be necessary.