Office of Academic Affairs
Permission to Complete Courses Outside of the School of Engineering
Undergraduate Students
Complete all information on the form below. After obtaining all of the necessary signatures submit
this form to the Office of Academic Affairs (LC 218).
At the completion of the semester indicated below, you must have an official transcript sent to
Michael Campbell, the Director of Academic Affairs. You can send it electronically to
or have a hard copy delivered to: Michael Campbell, NYU Tandon School of Engineering, 5 MetroTech
LC 218, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
You will receive transfer credit for your course(s) once your official transcript is received. Without an
official transcript, you will not receive the transfer credit towards your Tandon degree requirements.
Name: ____________________________________
University ID: _____________________________
Major: _____________________
E-mail address: ________________________
The institution where you will complete coursework: _____________________________________
Please explain (on the back of this page) why you are completing this course outside of Tandon.
Approval Signatures
Attach the course description to this form in order to obtain the required departmental signatures.
Approval from the corresponding academic department is required.
International students: OGS permission is required.
Major Academic Advisor __________________________________ Date: __________________
Corresponding Academic Department ________________________ Date: __________________
OGS (International students only) ______________________________ Date: __________________
Office of Academic Affairs __________________________________ Date: __________________
Date of request: ___________________________
Semester/Year you intend to take the class:
Cum GPA:
NOTES: (1) You must receive a grade of C or better in order to receive credit
(2) Credit will not be granted for Pass/Fail and/or Audit options.
Course(s) Numbers & Course
Title(s) you will register for:
No. of
Equivalent Tandon Course Numbers
& Course Titles:
<To be determined by the academic department>
No. of Credits
Other Institution Information
It is not recommended that students complete courses outside of NYU. As a result, this form will only be
approved at the discretion of the Office of Academic Affairs. All students must complete this form prior
to completing coursework, as retroactive approvals will not be made.
Student Information