James T. McIntyre
Chief of Police
T o w n o f
S T O N E H A M
47 CENTRAL STREET
FAX (781) 279-0882
REQUEST FOR LTC/FID LICENSING APPOINTMENT
Please provide the following information and return this completed form to the Stoneham Police Records
Department to schedule an appointment for a License to Carry Firearms or Firearms Identification Card:
TELEPHONE: Home _________________________ Cell ____________________________
DATE OF BIRTH: ____________________ DRIVER LIC NO:______________________
Current LTC/FID NUMBER (if renewing): __________________LTC CLASS:___________
When your appointment is scheduled, all applicants, regardless of new or renewal, must provide:
1. A completed LTC/FID application.
2. A detailed letter to the Chief of Police stating “good reason to fear injury to person or property” regarding
where and why the applicant intends to possess or use a firearm in the Commonwealth in order to obtain a
license to carry firearms without a restriction. The letter should be an original thought of the applicant, not
copied from the internet or a form letter provided by a third party.
3. Copy of proof of residency or business ownership in Stoneham (utility bill, tax bill, etc.).
4. Copy of a completed firearms Safety Course Certificate (new LTC/FID applicants only).
5. A non-refundable fee, payable to the Town of Stoneham is required at the time of your appointment:
License to Carry Class A and FID Cards - $100 - Renewal applicants over 70 years of age are free.
Firearms Identification Cards - $25 - Applicants under age 18 are required to submit written permission from a
parent/guardian to apply.
Applicants will be contacted by telephone to set up an appointment to be fingerprinted, photographed and
complete their application. Please call Inspector Christopher Copan at 781-438-1215, X3201 or Patricia Quinn
781-438-1215, X3140 should you have any additional questions.