City of Huntington Beach
Community Services Department
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648-2702
Food Truck Special Permit
White – Office Copy – Customer
Event Date: Time: From To
Applicant Name: Phone:
NUMBER STREET CITY STATE ZIP
Type of Event:
Name of Park:
Set Up Location:
Number of Trucks: Number of Participants:
Food Truck Company Name:
• Food trucks are permitted at events by Special Permit only with the approval of the Director of
Community Services or their designee.
• Food Truck Permits can be obtained only at Huntington Beach City Hall, Community Services
Department, located on the fifth floor of City Hall, Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
o For Edison Park, please contact Edison Community Center at (714) 960 8870 or visit us at
21377 Magnolia Avenue.
o For Murdy Park or Greer Park, please contact Murdy Community Center at (714) 960 8895 or
visit us at 7000 Norma Drive.
o For Worthy Park, please contact the City Gym & Pool at (714) 960-8884 or visit us at 1600
• Permits must be obtained at least 10 days prior to the event date.
• Food Truck vendor must hold a valid business license with the City of Huntington Beach and follow all
County health codes (see County for specific codes). The City takes no responsibility for illness or
injury incurred by the service provided by Permittee’s selected Food Truck vendor.
• Permit allows the Food Truck to be on location for the permitted day and time only. Food Truck vendor
may not sell to the public or remain on site after the event concludes.
• Food trucks are only allowed to park in designated parking lots, parked vertically, and taking no more
than 2 parking spaces; or Food Truck may be parked at the curb of the street where the event park is
located, and must adhere to all street parking regulations. The placement of food trucks in parking lots
or street parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis; the permit does not constitute a
reservation of parking space.
• Food Trucks must be kept off the grass at all times and cannot be placed next to homes.
• Date, location, and the name of the company being used must be provided before permit will be issued.