3) Temporary connections to potable water are prohibited. Water shall be from an
internal tank, and electricity shall be from a generator or an electrical outlet via a
portable cord that is in conformance with the Electrical Code as adopted by the
City of Bedford.
4) Except as otherwise limited by the City of Bedford Code of Ordinances, or other
City Codes, a mobile food unit may utilize outside seating consisting of a portable
table and a seating capacity of not to exceed four (4).
5) Except as otherwise limited by City Codes, a mobile food unit shall be allowed
amplified music as long as such music shall not violate the nuisance definitions of
noise established by Section 54-31 of the Bedford Code of Ordinances.
6) If wanting to serve alcoholic beverages, a mobile food vendor shall follow all
necessary Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission and the City of Bedford
7) A Hold-Harmless Agreement is required to be completed with the City of Bedford
if the mobile food unit is to be located on City of Bedford property.
8) Owners of any mobile food unit must sign a notarized statement that they
acknowledge and accept a minimum amount of $1,000,000 liability insurance, that
covers the mobile food unit, must be maintained at all times and that proof of such
insurance coverage can be demanded to be provided to the City upon three (3)
working days notice to the owner.
9) All of the requirements for this Section pertain to Civic and Special Events per
10) No mobile food unit shall operate before first obtaining a permit from the City of
11) No more than three (3) mobile food units may be located on a parcel at any one
time or at the same location for consecutive weeks unless one of the following
(i) Additional mobile food units greater than three (3) may be considered through
Civic Events and/or Special Events per Section 5.10.C of the City of Bedford
Zoning Ordinance. Staff will consider the reason for the request; the number
of available parking spaces on the lot; whether an increased number of mobile
food units would be compatible with the existing use and permitted
development of adjacent properties; and any other issues Staff considers to be
relevant; and/or the owner of the primary business establishes through Staff
permission with the City of Bedford a list of specific dates within a calendar
year in which multiple food units may be allowed on the property. This request
shall include a site plan and documentation showing:
(1) Indication of appropriate level of parking;
(2) Safe areas for seating for patrons of the mobile food units;
(3) Appropriate documentation of permission of use, adequate public access
restroom facilities and valid certificate of occupancy of the primary
business owner; and
(4) City of Bedford sponsored Civic and Special Events may have more than
one mobile unit allowed, and may not be required to get Staff approval.