Applicant acknowledges and understands the following:
1. Applicant is admitted on a temporary basis under Ariz. R. Sup. Ct. Rule 40, due to the determination of a major disaster.
2. Applicant will provide legal services on a pro bono basis without compensation, expectation of compensation or other direct or
indirect pecuniary gain.
3. Applicant understands he/she will be supervised by a lawyer assigned and supervised through an established not-for-profit bar
association, pro bono program or legal services organization or through such other organization(s) specifically designated by this
4. Once the Court determines that the disaster conditions have ended, Applicant will no longer accept new clients, but will continue
to provide legal services for such time as it is reasonably necessary to complete the representation of all current clients.
5. This temporary admission under Rule 40 does not include authority to appear in court or before any other tribunal. If court
appearance is necessary, the Applicant will apply for Pro Hac Vice standing under Ariz. R. Sup. Ct. Rule 39, with the
understanding that Pro Hac Vice application fees will be waived, unless Ariz. R. Sup. Ct. Rule 40(d)(2) is in effect.
6. Applicant will inform clients of the jurisdictions in which he/she is authorized to practice law, if there are any limits or restrictions,
and that the applicant is only authorized to practice law in the State of Arizona as permitted by Ariz. R. Sup. Ct. Rule 40. The
applicant shall not state or imply that he/she is otherwise authorized to practice law in the State of Arizona.
7. Applicant understands that the Court or the Bar may verify the applicant’s good standing with the ABA National Lawyer
Regulatory Data Bank to help determine if the applicant is disbarred, suspended from practice or otherwise subject to a public
disciplinary sanction that would restrict the applicant’s ability to practice law in any other jurisdiction.
Name of Applicant Date
Applicant certifies the following:
1. Applicant shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts and agencies of the State of Arizona and to the State Bar of
Arizona with respect to the law of this state governing the conduct of attorneys to the same extent as an active member
of the State Bar of Arizona, as provided in Ariz. R. Sup. Ct. Rule 46(b).
2. Applicant will review and comply with appropriate rules of procedure as required in the underlying cause.
3. Applicant understands and shall comply with the standards of conduct required of members of the State Bar of Arizona.
I, , swear that all statements in the application are true, correct and complete to the
best of my knowledge and belief, and have reviewed Ariz. R. Sup. Ct. Rule 40.
AND SWORN TO before me this day of , 20 , by
Name of Applicant
click to sign
click to edit