Government of Western Australia
Department of Transport
This form is to be completed as a declaration that you have a government approved immobiliser tted to your vehicle. Further information on approved immobilisers is
available online at www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing. Please present the completed form at any Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) Centre, regional Department
of Transport Ofce or DVS agent. Alternatively, it may be posted to the DVS Customer Contact Centre, GPO Box R1290 PERTH 6844.
(Please complete the NOMINATION OF AUTHORISED PERSON section)
ORGANISATION/COMPANY (CORPORATION) IF APPLICABLE
AUSTRALIAN COMPANY NUMBER (ACN)
BODY TYPE YEAR OF MANUFACTURE
I declare that an approved and operational immobiliser has been tted to my
vehicle and that all information supplied is true and correct. I understand that
under the provisions of the Road Trafc (Administration) Act 2008, it is an
offence to provide false or misleading information.
When does a vehicle require an immobiliser to be tted?
• On the grant of a vehicle licence.
• When transferring the vehicle licence.
If you already have a licensed vehicle in your name, you are not required to t
an immobiliser, unless:
• The vehicle licence expires by more than three months. As the renewal
period has been exceeded, you will be required to have the vehicle
inspected before it can be re-licensed.
• If the vehicle licence is being transferred. In this circumstance it is the
purchaser's responsibility to ensure that an approved immobiliser is tted
to the vehicle.
This requirement to t an immobiliser applies to the following vehicles:
• 4WD vehicles.
• Family cars.
• Station wagons.
Which vehicles are exempt from the tment of an immobiliser?
• All vehicles used for emergency purposes (as dened in the Road Trafc
• A vehicle licence transfer which is subject to a Court Order.
• A vehicle licence transfer which is as a consequence of a bequest from a
• Mopeds and motorcycles.
• New light goods vehicles with a GVM not greater than 4500 kg that are
being licensed for the rst time (these are essentially vehicles which fall
into the Australian Design Rule Category NA and NB1).
• Vehicles that have a tare weight over 3000 kg or a GVM or aggregate
weight over 4500 kg.
• Vehicles which are licensed as farm vehicles under regulation 8 of the
Road Trafc (Vehicles) Regulations 2014.
• Vehicles which are more than 25 years old (i.e. vehicles which are licensed
as veteran, vintage, post vintage and invitation class are not required to
have an immobiliser tted).
• Vehicles which are transferred to used car dealers for stock intended for
The following are classied as approved immobilisers.
• That is factory tted (e.g. tted at the time of manufacture). The vehicle
manufacturer’s handbook should be able to conrm this.
• Fitted to a vehicle before 1 July 1999 that is self-arming and immobilises
the engine either by interrupting the fuel, ignition, starter or engine
• That complies with Part III of ECE 97 Vehicle Alarm Systems published by
the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe.
• Fitted to a vehicle as an integral part of an alarm system complying with AS/
NZS 3749.1:1997 Intruder alarm systems, Road vehicles, jointly published
by Standards Australia and Standards New Zealand.
• That complies with AS/NZS 4601:1999 Vehicle immobilisers, jointly
published by Standards Australia and Standards New Zealand.
• A device known as the GT2000 Gearlock Auto-armed Pinlock, manufactured
by Grip-Tech (Pty) Ltd, that is tted to a vehicle in accordance with the
DoTDirect is a suite of applications and tools that are designed to make your
life easier by letting you do certain licensing transactions online.
Whether you are renewing your licence or checking your demerit points,
DoTDirect is quick and easy to use wherever you are, leaving you more time
to do whatever it is you like to do.
Save time pay online www.transport.wa.gov.au/dotdirect
Fitment of an Immobiliser Declaration
DRIVER’S LICENCE NUMBER
DATE OF BIRTH
FITMENT OF IMMOBILISER DECLARATION