Financial Aid Office
El Camino College (ECC) - 16007 Crenshaw Blvd. Torrance, CA 90506 1-310-660-3493 www.elcamino.edu
Review of Unusual Enrollment History
Your Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) indicates that the U.S. Department of Education has
identified your record with an Unusual Enrollment History (UEH) regarding the receipt of Federal Pell Grant and
Federal Direct Loans from the past four award years from different institutions. Some students have
legitimate reasons for their enrollment at multiple institutions. Your Pell Grant disbursement cannot
continue and we cannot review your Unusual Enrollment History until the following information has been
submitted the El Camino College Financial Aid Office:
1. Print out from the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) available at www.nslds.ed.gov listing all
previously attended colleges and universities.
2. Academic transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities as indicated on the NSLDS
Name of Educational Institution Dates Attended Academic Credit Earned
If you did not earn academic credit at any of the above indicated institutions, the following documents must
be submitted with this form:
• A detailed, legible letter explaining the unusual enrollment history circumstances.
• Two reference letters. One reference letter from a professional (e.g., academic counselor, therapist,
social worker, etc.) on business letterhead. Second reference letter from a person (e.g., relative, friend,
neighbor, etc.) having comprehensive knowledge regarding the existence of the adverse condition(s).
Both letters must include the following information:
• How long have you known the student? And in what capacity?
• Brief statement regarding your knowledge of the student’s academic history. Include why the
student was not able to complete academic credit.
• Include complete name, contact telephone number, and address.
• Letters must be signed and current dated.
Note: Acceptable reasons for lack of academic credits may include, but is not limited to, illness, family
emergency, a change in student’s residence, and military obligations.