COLLEGE OF BUSINESS, LAW & GOVERNANCE
INDIVIDUAL TASK COVER SHEET
Please sign, date and attach cover sheet to front of written assessment task OR
submit as a separate document for non-written assessment task.
A cover sheet is to be completed for each assessment task.
STUDENT FAMILY NAME Student Given Name JCU Student Number
1. This assignment is my original work and no part has been copied/ reproduced from any other person’s work or from
any other source, except where acknowledgement has been made (see Learning, Teaching and Assessment Policy
2. This work has not been submitted for any other course/subject (see Learning, Teaching and Assessment Policy 5.9).
3. This assignment has not been written for me.
4. I hold a copy of this assignment and can produce a copy if requested.
5. This work may be used for the purposes of moderation and identifying plagiarism.
6. I give permission for a copy of this marked assignment to be retained by the College for benchmarking and course
review and accreditation purposes.
Learning, Teaching and Assessment Policy 5.1. A student who submits work containing plagiarised material for assessment will
be subject to the provisions of the Student Academic Misconduct Requirements.
Note definition of plagiarism and self plagiarism in Learning, Teaching and Assessment Policy:
Plagiarism: reproduction without acknowledgement of another person’s words, work or expressed thoughts from any source.
The definition of words, works and thoughts includes such representations as diagrams, drawings, sketches, pictures, objects,
text, lecture hand-outs, artistic works and other such expressions of ideas, but hereafter the term ‘work’ is used to embrace all
of these. Plagiarism comprises not only direct copying of aspects of another person’s work but also the reproduction, even if
slightly rewritten or adapted, of someone else’s ideas. In both cases, someone else’s work is presented as the student’s own.
Under the Australian Copyright Act 1968 a copyright owner can take legal action in the courts against a party who has infringed
Self Plagiarism: the use of one’s own previously assessed material being resubmitted without acknowledgement or citing of the
…………………………………………………… Submission date ……../……../........