Form 599 April 2019
How do we define “Family Applicant”?
A family applicant must be an adult (refer to definition below) and will be the person to whom all correspondence
relating to the program will be sent.
How do we define “Adult”?
An adult is a person 18 years of age and over.
How do we define “Family”?
A family is:
• a single adult
• an adult and spouse (refer to definition below)
• an adult and all dependant children (refer to definition below)
• an adult, spouse, and all dependant children
Note: Include all family members on the registration form, even if some family members have drug coverage through
other programs. All family members are included in the copayment and deductible calculations.
How do we define “Spouse”?
A spouse is a person who is married to you or with whom you are living in a marriage-like relationship. A spouse may
be of the same gender.
How do we define “Dependant Child”?
A dependant child is:
• a child or a legal ward of you or your spouse
• supported by you or your spouse
• younger than 18 years of age
• not married and not living in a marriage-like relationship
A dependant child can only be registered with one family at any given time.
Who is eligible?
You may register for this Program if you:
• are an eligible Nova Scotia resident; and
• have a valid Nova Scotia Health Card
• are under age 65, or live with a spouse or dependent under age 65
You are not eligible if you are receiving drug coverage through:
• the Nova Scotia Seniors’ Pharmacare Program;
• the Nova Scotia Diabetes Assistance Program;
• the under 65-Long Term Care Pharmacare Plan; or
• any Department of Community Services Pharmacare Benefits.
Note: Any portion of a prescription cost, for any family member that is eligible for coverage under another drug
program, will not be considered for coverage under the Nova Scotia Family Pharmacare Program.
What if I am single, 18 years of age or over and still living with my family?
If you are 18 years of age or over, you must complete your own registration form. If you live with your parents and do
not have a spouse or dependants, you are a family of one for our purposes. Do not include your parents’ names or
their incomes on your registration form.
If you have any questions or require help to fill out the application form, please call (902) 496-5667, or 1 (877) 330-
0323 (if you live outside the metro Halifax area), or visit our website: www.nspharmacare.ca
Mail your completed form to: or fax to: (902) 468-9402
Nova Scotia Family Pharmacare Program
Nova Scotia Pharmacare Programs
PO Box 500
Halifax, Nova Scotia