It is the policy of Lander University to rent its facilities at a reasonable rate to the general public, faculty, sta and students of Lander University provided renter is
in good standing with the University. e facilities of Lander University are rst and foremost here for academic/athletic purposes. Use of the facility(ies) must
not interfere with the academic/athletic mission of the University or regular activities* and services. Facilities available for rental include: Horne Arena, Athletic
Fields, Barratt Hall auditorium, Cultural Center, Sproles Recreation Center, Grier Center, Laura Lander Hall, Learning Center, Science Building, PEES, Centen-
nial Hall Multipurpose Room, Outdoor areas to include outdoor pool and Dingle Amphitheatre. Facilities o campus available for rent are Cambridge Hall and
Equestrian Center. (*including but not limited to Open House, Parent’s Day, and Homecoming.)
LANDER UNIVERSITY CAMPUS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES Initial here
1. All o-campus groups must contact Facilities Scheduling Coordinator.
2. No fundraisers.
3. Person responsible for event understands & must include in any publicity of the event the following statement: “Use of Lander’s facilities does not necessarily
imply University sponsorship”.
4. Applicant will be held responsible for behavior and safety of persons in attendance as well as for any loss or damages
incurred during occupancy; assessments made accordingly.
5. Groups of 15 or more under the age of 18, must provide one adult (over the age of 21) for every 15 participants.
6. e person responsible for event releases the State of South Carolina and Lander University from any liability as a result of this event.
7. e laws of South Carolina, City and County of Greenwood, and the rules and regulations of Lander University must be strictly enforced at all
times. e undersigned agrees to reimburse Lander or the State of S.C. for costs or fees (including reasonable attorney’s fees) incurred to enforce
8. Lander University is a tobacco-free campus. Tobacco use is prohibited on all university grounds, both indoor and outdoor.
9. Alcohol is not permitted on campus without written permission from the Oce of the President.
10. Food and Drink are allowed only in designated areas.
11. Gambling in any form is prohibited on or within the University buildings and grounds.
12. Hanging pictures, banners, or other items from walls, windows, doors, curtains, or other parts of buildings not specically designated for that
purpose is strictly prohibited.
13. Parking is permitted in spaces and lots which are not restricted for visitors, services vehicles, and reserved spaces. Parking is not permitted along
curbs and other unmarked areas.
14. A custodial fee, based on the size of the facility, will be assessed if the facility is not le in a clean and orderly manner.
15. Events may require employment of police ocers for crowd control and/or trac to be determined by Lander University Police Chief & will be
accessed a fee.
16. Fee waivers must be approved and signed o by the President of Lander University.
17. Furniture in facilities cannot be removed. Round tables cannot be substituted for permanent xtures (CH Multipurpose, GC 358 included).
18. Any outside vendors selling items on campus must be sponsored by a University Dept or have approval of the President’s Council.
19. Student organizations are permitted to use University Facilities in accordance with the established procedures found in the student handbook.
20. Event facility(ies) should be secured and conrmed prior to publicizing event.
21. e use of Smart Classrooms requires a University sponsor to be present during the event.
Internal Cancellation of conrmed event must be received in writing by Facility Scheduling Coordinator at least 48 hours in advance to avoid charges.
External Cancellation of conrmed event must be received in writing by Facility Scheduling Coordinator at least 2 weeks in advance to avoid charges.
Deposit and Cancellation A Deposit of 15% of payment for estimated fees for facility rental is due within 30 days of conrmed facilities. Cancellations greater
than 2 weeks out will receive full refund of deposit.
Insurance Depending on the nature of the event, Client is required to purchase and provide a Certicate of Liability Insurance. is rider can be
obtained through client’s insurance provider. Coverage amount= $1,000,000.00 per incident. Lander University must be named as an additional insured on
certicate. Date of event should be specied. A certied copy of this insurance policy will be required 30 days prior to event. Failure to comply with this policy
will cancel the reserved facilities and deposit will be forfeited.
Facilities Scheduling Each facility has been assigned a facilities coordinator who veries initial availability. Each coordinator is responsible for pre-approving
any event to be scheduled in their assigned area. Area coordinator enters initial request if available. Request not approved until applicant receives electronic
conrmation from Facilities Coordinator.
Include Facilities Coordinator in all planning of Master calendar and events.
Elizabeth McCune, Facilities Coordinator 864-388-8335 Fax: 864-388-8197 firstname.lastname@example.org Lander University 320 Stanley Ave CPO 6062 Greenwood, SC 29649-2099
COORDINATORS AREA CPO BOX EXT OFFICE
Heather Pilgrim Arena, Athletic Fields 6016 8316 AC 100
Mary Jo Carpenter Barratt Hall 6027 8394 BH 124
Eddie Shaw Cultural Center (includes Commons & Auditorium), Amphitheatre, Assembly Plaza 6033 8406 CC 385
New Hall Multipurpose Rm 6019 8564 GC 325
Kristin Brannon Dawson Room 6021 8078 GC S145
Student Affairs Outdoor areas, Sproles Rec Center, Grier Center, JL Steps 6012 8240 GC S346
Kayla Davis Laura Lander Hall 6029 8212 LL 314
Susan Russo Learning Center 6008 8948 LC 109F
Tammie Mallory Science Building 6030 8386 SC 246
Matthew Gilstrap PEES Center 6042 8724 PS 242
Eslam Abuhmad Centennial Hall 6019 8573 GC 322