Application for Full-Time Thesis Continuation Status
The normal status for thesis-continuation students is part-time. Under exceptional circumstances, and for a limited period
of time, a thesis-continuation student may be identified as full-time.
In order for full-time status to apply, students will normally:
1. be geographically available to the university,
2. visit the campus regularly,
3. not be engaged in full-time employment (on or off campus) and
4. be in pursuit of their studies as a full-time occupation.
Students requesting full-time thesis continuation status are required to complete and sign the attached disclosure. The
form must be endorsed by the Supervisor, authorized by the Program Coordinator, and submitted to the Faculty of
Graduate Studies and Research. Students will only be contacted if there are questions about the eligibility for full-time
thesis status. It is a serious offense for an individual applying for full-time thesis continuation status to misrepresent
her/himself in regard to the above criteria.
Student: Fill out sections 1 to 5
1. Provide your name and contact information
3. Identify the terms for which you seek full-time status
4. Please provide a justification for this request. Include your employment situation, availability to
the campus/thesis supervisor, research/writing activities for the requested period and your
anticipated thesis completion date. (Attach a separate page if needed)