• We agree to keep equipment clean and in good condition for the duration of the program and to
use it only in the manner in which it is intended for this program. Kit pieces must be organized
separately and returned to Girl Scouts in an organized fashion.
• We understand our team will be asked to volunteer at promotional events Girl Scouts hosts, and
we are willing to help out as much as we can.
• We agree to clearly identify ourselves as Girl Scouts in any recruitment event, media event, or
competition and to abide by Girl Scout troop trip guidelines if traveling outside of Council
• We agree to be available for a site visit from Girl Scouts or GSUSA staff during the grant period,
which goes through April 30, 2021.
• We agree to maintain at least three girls on our team.
• We agree to participate in at least two outreach activities that will reach an additional 50 youth
(examples include school presentations or neighborhood demonstration), in order to share my
team’s accomplishments and the benefits of participating in robotics.
• We understand that the full cost of participation for our Robotics Team is $180. This price includes
registration fees, equipment and other team materials. Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri, with generous
support, is covering 60% of the team’s expenses ($108).
• We agree to pay 40% of the cost ($72) by August 3rd, 2020 for out team to participate. Our team
can participate in approved money earning activities, such as the Girl Scout Cookie Program, to help raise
funds for the tam. Activity scholarships are available if there is a need. Please see attached form.
• We agree to provide at least one adult volunteer to help with one FIRST event (Expo or
• We agree to provide a secure location for team equipment to be stored until it is returned to Girl
• We agree to provide the following girl / adult ratio for each team:
Two adults to every 12 girls in grades K-1, plus one additional adult for every six girls.
Two adults to every 20 girls in grades 2-3, plus one additional adult for every eight girls.
Two adults to every 25 girls in grades 4-5, plus one additional adult to each additional 10 girls.
• We agree that during team meetings, at least one of the adults present is an adult female who is
not related to the other adult.
• We agree to have any adult working with the team complete the Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri
volunteer application process, which includes authorization for a background screening to be
conducted through Girl Scouts and its acting agencies.