• We agree to pay 40% of the cost ($198 for a returning team/$98 for a returning team made up of
returning Girl Scouts) by August 3rd, 2020 for our team to participate. Our team can participate in
approved money earning activities, such as the Girl Scout Cookie Program, to help raise funds for the
team. Activity scholarships are available if there is a need. Please see attached form.
• We agree to participate in at least two outreach activities that will reach an additional 50 girls
(examples include school presentations or neighborhood demonstration), in order to share my
team’s accomplishments and the benefits of participating in robotics.
• We agree to maintain at least three girls on our team.
• We understand that our team is required to participate in one FLL Challenge Regional Qualifying
Tournament in November 2020, regardless of how far the team has progressed.
• We understand our team will be asked to volunteer at promotional events Girl Scouts hosts, and
we are willing to help out as much as we can.
• We agree to clearly identify ourselves as Girl Scouts in any recruitment event, media event, or
competition and to abide by Girl Scout troop trip guidelines if traveling outside the Council
• We agree to be available for a site visit from Girl Scouts or GSUSA staff during the grant period,
which goes through April 30, 2021.
• We agree to provide at least one adult volunteer to help at one FIRST event (Expo or Qualifier).
• We agree to provide the following girl / adult ratio for each team:
Two adults to every 12 girls in grades K-1, plus one additional adult for every six girls.
Two adults to every 20 girls in grades 2-3, plus one additional adult for every eight girls.
Two adults to every 25 girls in grades 4-5, plus one additional adult to each additional 10 girls.
Two adults to every 25 girls in grades 6-8, plus one additional adult to each additional 12 girls.
• We agree that during team meetings, at least one of the adults present is an adult female who is
not related to the other adult.
• We agree to have any adult working with the team complete the Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri
volunteer application process, which includes authorization for a background screening to be
conducted through Girl Scouts and its acting agencies.
• We agree to provide all paperwork by stated deadlines, including, but not limited to surveys,
amount of time spent on project, photo releases and photos.
• We agree to notify the Robotics Program Manager in a timely manner if significant delays or