1241 Cartwright Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
The Federation of Canadian Artists (hereafter the “FCA”) agrees to accept artwork on consignment, listed on the overleaf
inventory by ARTIST ________________________for display in the _________________________________
exhibition. Artwork will display online at www.artists.ca, www.federationgallery.com and at the Federation Gallery,
1241 Cartwright Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 4B7, CANADA. Artwork will be for sale on consignment from the date
of receipt of acceptance. By signing this document, the ARTIST agrees, understands and is in compliance with each
1. The following commission/payment terms will apply to each consigned artwork sold by FCA unless otherwise
expressly stated: 35% commission to FCA, 65% payment to ARTIST.
2. The FCA is at liberty to negotiate a discount of up to 10% of the ARTIST’s declared sale price.
3. ARTIST retains ownership of all work consigned to or represented by the FCA.
4. While ARTIST retains copyright to all consigned artwork, as governed by law, ARTIST agrees that the FCA may use
an image of their art for promotional purposes whether online or in print, for the promotion of the exhibition or for any
other FCA function.
5. ARTIST understands that only use of photographic reference images, not taken by the artist themselves, is prohibited
by the FCA, regardless of if the artist has purchased a copyright. Artwork found to be in contravention of this will be
removed from the exhibition and prize awards and titles will be revoked.
6. ARTIST understands artwork is under contract with the gallery, from the date of receipt of an acceptance notification
to the exhibition until the last day of exhibition. ARTISTS who remove artwork from the exhibition will incur a $100
penalty and lose any associated Signature Status points.
7. You agree to direct all sales inquires from the date of an acceptance notification until the last date of exhibition to the
Federation Gallery’s Fine Art Consultant via firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Payment to ARTIST will be processed approximately 30 days after receipt of payment from the Buyer to the FCA.
This delay in payment is due to our return policy.
9. Acceptance of installment payment on a sale will be subject to agreement by ARTIST.
10. The FCA will maintain insurance for fire and theft, and declares that all consigned artwork will be covered by said
insurance while in FCA possession. Reasonable efforts will be made to protect consigned artwork from accidental
damage or breakage. By signing this waiver, you agree to not hold the FCA, their staff, volunteers and representatives
responsible for damage or loss. You agree to maintain responsibility of any costs associated with loss or damage to
artworks, frames or display materials.
11. ARTIST will remain responsible for insurance on artwork while artwork is in transit and for accidental damage and
breakage. ARTIST is responsible for any costs incurred for delivery or return.
12. Should the consigned artwork remain unsold at the end posted exhibition term, ARTIST must retrieve their work or
arrange for shipment. Artwork left for more than two weeks after the end of the contract term will become property of
FIRMLY AFFIX THIS DOCUMENT TO
ONE OF YOUR ACCEPTED ARTWORKS
click to sign
click to edit