FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE INFORMATION
HEARTLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE
SUMMER 2020 YOUTH PROGRAMS
Financial Assistance for summer youth classes is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, and is
subject to availability of funds and verification of financial need. Please call Continuing Education
for more information: (309) 268-8160.
Each award will be equal to 50%, up to $80 maximum, of the cost of the course. Each student
may receive financial assistance for one course. For families/households with multiple children
enrolling in a summer youth course, the total scholarship award amount will not exceed $200 per
Applicants must meet the following criteria to receive financial assistance:
1. Meet the grade requirement of the class. In fall 2020, students must be entering the grade
level listed for each course.
2. Complete the registration process for the desired course. Register by phone at
(309) 268-8160. Please note, enrollment of your child(ren) is NOT finalized until your
portion of the payment is received.
3. Complete the Financial Assistance Application.
4. Furnish one of the following:
a copy or photo of the student’s current free/reduced lunch program confirmation
verification of participation in some state/federal financial assistance program,
such as WIC, Medicaid, etc.
proof of unemployment for parent
or a letter from the child’s school regarding confirmation of need-based tuition
5. Return completed application and financial need documentation to:
Participants will be contacted when financial assistance approval is completed. Payment of
the balance of the course fee will be required at that time.