Financial Aid Office, E-104
Phone: (714) 628-4876 | Fax: (714) 639-0756 | http://www.sccollege.edu/FinancialAid
Student Name: ____________________________ Student ID#: _________________ Date: ________________
FINANCIAL AID TERMINATION NOTICE
Santiago Canyon College Financial Aid Office
Your SAP status is based on the conclusion of your last term of enrollment.
Please read the following information regarding your current SAP status:
You are currently in a “Terminated” status for Financial Aid. Your financial aid has been terminated at Santiago
Canyon College (SCC) because you have one or more of the following circumstances:
1. Your educational goal is to get an AA/AS degree or to transfer, yet you have already attempted and/or
completed 90 units (150% of the minimum units required to achieve your educational goal);
2. You have already received an Bachelor’s Degree or higher;
3. You have attempted and/or completed the maximum number units needed to complete a Certificate
Program (150% of the minimum units required to obtain a certificate).
Since you have not met the SAP Minimum Time Frame standard, you must complete the following steps to appeal if
you would like to have your records evaluated for any consideration of reinstating financial aid:
STEP-BY-STEP APPEAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR TERMINATED STUDENTS:
1. You must write an appeal statement using the second page of this form. Include a clear explanation
of the circumstances that caused you to be terminated from financial aid. You may include any
relevant supporting documention.
2. You MUST also schedule an appointment with an Academic Counselor with the
Department to have a Comprehnsive Student Education Plan (CSEP) completed. Please Note: If you
have outstanding academic transcripts, you must submit the official transcripts for evaluation to the
Admissions and Records Office before you schedule an appointment with an Academic Counselor.
3. Following your counseling appointment, you are eligible to submit your appeal to the Financial Aid Office
along with the CSEP documentation that you will receive from your counseling appointment. Appeals will
not be accepted unless you have completed all of the steps above. Financial aid staff will not review your
statement or documents at the time of submission and cannot advise you about your statement.
4. All of the above must be submitted prior to the deadline date as established. Check the SCC SAP Policy at
SCC Satisfactory Academic Policy
for the deadline dates.
Please Note: As a financial aid recipient, it is your responsibility to understand the terms and conditions of the SCC
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy as it applies to your financial aid eligibility. Submission of appeal
documentation does not guarantee that your financial aid will be reinstated.
THE FINANCIAL AID APPEAL COMMITTEE WILL REVIEW YOUR APPEAL STATEMENT
AND YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL OF THE DECISION MADE BY THE APPEAL COMMITTEE.