Financial Aid Office, E-104
Phone: (714) 628-4876 | Fax: (714) 639-0756 | http://www.sccollege.edu/FinancialAid
Student Name: ____________________________ Student ID#: _________________ Date: ________________
FINANCIAL AID DISQUALIFICATION NOTICE
Santiago Canyon College Financial Aid Office
Your SAP status is based on the conclusion of your last term of enrollment.
Please read the following information regarding your current SAP status:
You are currently in a “Disqualified” status for Financial Aid. You are disqualified from receiving financial
aid at Santiago Canyon College (SCC) because your cumulative GPA is below a 2.0 and/or your percentage
of units completed is less than 64% of all coursework attempted.
Since you have not met the SAP standards, you must complete the following steps to appeal for
consideration of reinstating your eligibility for financial aid:
STEP-BY-STEP APPEAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DISQUALIFIED STUDENTS:
1. All students must have a declared major with our Admissions and Records Office (Room E- 101).
(Please make sure to check that you have your major correctly listed with SCC by logging on to
WebAdvisor or by checking with the Admissions and Records Office).
2. You are required to read the SCC Satisfactory Academic Policy and view the SAP PowerPoint
presentation on the web at https://sccollege.edu/StudentServices/FinancialAid/Pages/Satisfactory-
3. You must write an appeal statement. Include a clear explanation of the circumstances that caused
you to be disqualified from financial aid. You may include any relevant supporting documention.
4. You MUST also schedule an appointment with an Academic Counselor with the SCC
Counseling Department to have a Comprehnsive Student Education Plan (CSEP) completed.
Please Note: If you have outstanding academic transcripts, you must submit the official
transcripts for evaluation to the Admissions and Records Office before you schedule an
appointment with an Academic Counselor.
5. Following your counseling appointment, you are eligible to submit your appeal to the Financial Aid
Office along with the CSEP. Appeals will not be accepted unless you have completed all of the
6. All of the above must be submitted prior to the deadline date as established. Check the SCC SAP
Policy for deadline dates.
Please Note: As a financial aid recipient, it is your responsibility to understand the terms and conditions of
the SCC Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy as it applies to your financial aid eligibility. Submission of
appeal documentation does not guarantee that your financial aid will be reinstated.
THE FINANCIAL AID APPEAL COMMITTEE WILL REVIEW YOUR APPEAL STATEMENT
AND YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL OF THE DECISION MADE BY THE APPEAL COMMITTEE.