FEDERAL WORK STUDY PROGRAM
STUDENT POLICIES and CHECKLIST
You have been assigned to a department for the purpose of working part-time during this academic year. Please read and abide by the
following policies before you begin your placement:
* You cannot work more than one job at SCSU while under the Federal Work Study Program.
* You cannot work more than 20 hours per week during Fall/Spring semesters, this is Federal Law. Not adhering to Federal Policy is grounds
* You are paid for the hours you work for your supervisor on a bi-weekly basis. Your timecard will be emailed directly to you from payroll once
you have completed and submitted all the necessary placement paperwork. It is your responsibility and the responsibility of your supervisor
to make sure your timecard is properly completed and submitted in a timely fashion to the SCSU Payroll Department.
* If your timecard is submitted late, you will be paid the next available pay-date.
* Once you have developed your weekly work hours/schedule with your supervisor, please adhere to your time. Your department is depending
on you to report to work when you are assigned. If adjustments to your work schedule are necessary, meet with your supervisor immediately
* If you are sick, running late to work, or for some reason cannot report to your assignment when you are supposed to, call your supervisor
immediately and let him/her know. Not showing up for work could be grounds for termination/re-assignment.
* The maximum hours you may work each week is listed on your Placement Document, signed by yourself and your supervisor. If you adhere to
these hours your allotment of funds will last throughout the dates on your Placement
Document. If you work more than this, your work award will not last and you will be terminated before the end of your placement.
* You cannot begin work until all required documents are properly completed and returned to the Office of Financial Aid &
Scholarships (OFAS) and the Human resources Office. (if required)
* If you have been assigned to an off-campus placement, you must complete additional paperwork in your packet. In addition, The SCSU Payroll
Department will email you your official timecard once all documents have been received and processed.
* Off-campus student workers may fax their completed timecards directly to the OFAS at (203) 392-5229.
* For your convenience, the University has direct deposit available for your payroll check. If you are interested, a Direct Deposit
Authorization Form is located on the SCSU Payroll website and in the Payroll Office. Complete and return to the University Payroll Department
located in the Wintergreen Building. Questions regarding direct deposit can be directed to the Payroll Department.
* It is likely that your first University paycheck may be delayed at least one pay cycle.
* Computer Use: Campus technology devices are the property of the State of Connecticut and their use is restricted to the performance of
official State business. Student workers must follow the Board of Trustees Policy on Computer Use for Employees of the Connecticut State
University System (BR # 86-48).
*If at any time you have questions and/or concerns regarding any part of your award or placement, please see the Federal Work Study Program
Coordinator located in the OFAS, Wintergreen Building.
REMEMBER- If your earnings EXCEED your Federal Work Study award your Academic year award (i.e. grants/loans) can be reduced by the
amount of earnings that exceed your accepted award. This could mean you will possibly have an outstanding balance to the University, it is
important to stay in touch with OFAS to make sure you are within your earnings guidelines.
I have read and understand the Student Policies of the SCSU Federal Work Study Program.
Student Signature Date
Print Student Name
click to sign
click to edit