FACULTY CLASSROOM OBSERVATION FORM
REMOTE LEARNING ADDENDUM
Instructor _____________________________________ Class/Course/Section ________________________________
Observer _____________________________________ Date of Observation _________________________________
Based on your observation of the class, please rate the instructor on each item using the following scale:
Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Needs Improvement.
CLASS PREPARATION AND LMS UTILIZATION:
1. The instructor posted the syllabus, contact information, and
instructions on how to find learning materials and coursework.
2. The instructor has uploaded applicable materials for the class
in Blackboard before the week begins.
3. The instructor is teaching from the assigned text.
4. The instructor encourages critical thinking and analysis.
5. The instructor outlined the objectives and weekly assignments.
6. The instructor relates the discussion topics to career goals
7. Instructor's announcements were clear, professional, & appropriate.
CLASSROOM PERFORMANCE & INSTRUCTION:
8. The instructor began the Face-to-Face session on time.
9. The instructor was teaching in-line with the lesson outlined on
10. The class was planned and organized.
11. The instructor’s appearance was professional.
12. The objectives for this session were shared with the attendees.
13. The instructor reviewed the previous lesson.
14. Important concepts were explained clearly showing
mastery of the subject.
15. The instructor appeared positive, confident, and enthusiastic.
16. The instructor actively and substantively interacted with
students, and encouraged active participation.
17. The instructor displayed patience and resourcefulness in
explaining material and answering questions.
18. The instructor was skillful in asking questions and dealing
19. The instructor spoke articulately.
20. The class was paced appropriately.
21. The instructor used the share screen feature and courseware
and other teaching aids very effectively.
22. The instructor provided timely, constructive feedback of the
student’s progress via the gradebook or through email.