F - EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT – 2/05/2019
PRIVATE SECURITY PERSONNEL LICENSING AUTHORITY
When to use this form
Use this form to notify the Licensing Authority of any emergency appointment(s) or apply to the Licensing
Authority to extend an emergency appointment, when the employee has previously been appointed as an
emergency appointment for a period of 2 weeks.
You can make an emergency appointment provided the following applies:
• The person you’re appointing must already have applied for a certificate of approval and paid the fee.
• You have a real need to engage an emergency appointee. This need will have arisen due to illness or
an emergency and you have insufficient staff who hold a certificate of approval.
• You should be satisfied that
o The person has no grounds for disqualification that apply to them
o The person is not currently charged with an offence that would be grounds for disqualification
if they were convicted
o To the best of your knowledge the information supplied in their application is true and correct
• The Licensing Authority has been notified before the emergency appointment has been made.
• The person has not been employed on an emergency appointment previously for a period of two
weeks or more (unless you have gained the approval of the Licensing Authority prior to making the
Completing this form
• Print clearly in CAPITALS
• Use a black pen or blue pen to complete
• Answer every question on the form unless
the instructions tell you otherwise
There is no filing fee with this application.
In normal circumstances it will take 3 working days
to hear the outcome of your application.
If you provide false or misleading information to the
Licensing Authority, you may be liable for a fine of
up to $20,000 upon summary conviction.
You must immediately stop a person from
undertaking any work for which a certificate is
required if instructed in writing by the Licensing
All personal information provided to the PSPLA will
be dealt with in accordance with the Privacy Act