All States (except below), District of Columbia, and U.S. Virgin Islands
EW-DOC 09/17 3 314-330
If the Card Member is notified that a warranty has ended for any reason (including, but not limited to,
bankruptcy of the manufacturer or other responsible party), this Plan will continue to provide coverage, not
to exceed the original manufacturer’s warranty up to two (2) years from the date the Card Member is notified
of such event. The Card Member may be asked to provide proof of notification in the form of a public
announcement or other official documentation.
Only a Card Member has a legal and equitable right to any insurance benefit that may be available under
Benef its are not payable if the Loss for which coverage is sought was directly or indirectly, wholly or partially,
contributed to or caused by:
1. war or acts of war (whether declared or undeclared), participation in a felony, riot, civil d isturbance,
protest or insurrections, service in the armed forces or units auxiliary to it;
2. any physical damage, including, but not limited to, damage as a direct result of natural disaster or a
power surge, except to the extent the original manufacturer's warranty covers such damage;
3. mechanical failure covered under product recall; or
4. fraud or abuse or illegal activity of any kind by the Card Member.
Purchases Not Covered
The following purchases are not covered:
1. products covered by an unconditional satisfaction guarantee;
2. animals or living plants;
3. consumable or perishable items with extended or limited life spans (including, but not limited to; food,
perfume, light bulbs, batteries);
4. motorized vehicles (including, but not limited to, passenger cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, airplanes)
and their parts, subject to high risk, combustion, wear and tear or mileage stipulations (including, but not
limited to, batteries, carburetors, pipes, hoses, pistons, brakes, tires, mufflers);
5. motorized devices and their parts used for agriculture, landscaping, demolition or construction;
6. motorized devices and their parts which are permanent additions or fixtures to a residential or
commercial building unless the item can be removed without causing damage to the structure;
7. business fixtures, including, but not limited to, air conditioners, refrigerators, heaters
and/or any item
that cannot be removed without causing damage to the structure;
8. land or buildings;
9. more than one article in a pair or set. Coverage will be limited to no more than the value of any particular
part or parts, unless the articles are unusable individually and cannot be replaced individually, regardless
of any special value they may have had as part of a set or collection;
10. additional service contract or extended warranty coverage for a computer, computer component or part
that You buy which already comes with an original United States of America, Puerto Rico or the U.S.
Virgin Islands manufacturer’s and/or retailer’s warranty, unless such coverage is provided and
administered by the original manufacturer; and
11. items purchased for use as inventory, resale, professional, or commercial use (including but not limited
to professional education, training or skills, or to be used in professional competition).
IV. CLAIMS PROCESS
If You experience a Loss for which You believe a benefit is payable under this Plan, You must provide both
Notice of Claim and Proof of Loss.
To insure prompt processing of Your claim, report any Loss immediately following the date of the Loss,
including for gifts purchased on your Account. Retain Your receipts and Your damaged property (if
applicable) until the claim process is complete.