Event permit application
Revised August 2020
1 | Page
Event permits are required for all Community Events, Special Events, and Events of City-Wide
interest. Applications must be submitted at least 60-days prior to day of event.
Submit completed original application, along with required attachments to:
City of Troutdale
Attn: Megan Webb
219 E Historic Columbia River Hwy, Troutdale Oregon 97060
or via email: megan.webb@troutdaleoregon.gov
Section 1 Applicant Information
Applicant Name:
Applicant Organization:
Applicant Address:
City: State: Zip:.
Email: Phone:
Applicant Designation: Individual: Sole Proprietorship: Partnership: Corporation:
Section 2 Event Information
Location of Event: Estimated Attendance Per Day:
This Event is a:
Parade Festival: Sales Event: Concert: Other:
Name of Event:
Description of Event:
Date(s) of Event: Time of Event - From: To:
Event permit application
Revised August 2020
2 | Page
1. Will food be served at the event? Yes No If yes, copy of approval is required after event
Health Department Permits It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all activities associated
with the preparation of and/or dispensing of food and drink products meet all applicable codes and
permits, including but not limited to, the requirements of the Multnomah County Health Department.
2. Fire Marshal Permit Yes No If yes, copy of approval is required provide copy after event.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that required permits are obtained from the Fire Marshal’s
3. Will alcoholic beverages be available at your event? Yes No If yes
copy of approval is required before
Liquor License If alcohol is sold or consumed: (1) If you have a current liquor license check with the
Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) to see if your license will cover this event; if not you must
obtain an application from OLCC; (2) submit the application form to the City of Troutdale for approval;
(3) submit the application to OLCC for their approval and issuance of your liquor license; and (4) event
insurance and liquor liability insurance requirements must be met. Alcohol monitors and on-site
security are required.
4. Will there be live entertainment or music at the event? Yes No If yes, attach separate page with
entertainment information.
5. Noise Variance Permit/Outdoor Amplified Sound Permit If event will have amplified sound, you may
be required to complete a Noise Control Variance application, describing what you intend to do at this
event. The Police Department will determine if a variance is necessary or not. If the event will be held in
a City park, you are required to complete a Special Use Permit for Outdoor Amplified Sound form.
Contact 503 674-7247 for information.
6. Temporary Park Vendor License A City of Troutdale Temporary Park Vendor license may be required
for all vendors participating in the event. Contact 503 674-7247 for information.
7. Sign Permit If you plan to display signs or banners advertising the event, a sign permit is required.
Contact 503 674-7261 for information.
8. Have you arranged for security at your event? Yes No
If yes, who will be providing security:______________________________________________________
9. Describe your plans for Emergency Medical Services:_________________________________________
10. Clean-Up Plan Describe the plans for trash minimization and removal, including timelines. Include
information as to the number, types and locations of all trash receptacles, a schedule for monitoring
and emptying trash and recycling receptacles and plans for cleaning up debris not placed in trash
receptacles. Include information on any persons or entities that will be providing trash related services.
Attach separate page
Event permit application
Revised August 2020
3 | Page
Traffic Control Plan Indicate street closures, sites of barricades, detour signs, traffic flow, d where traffic
control personnel will be stationed.
Parking Plan- Indicate proposed parking areas to meet parking capacity needs
County Road Closure PermitContact Multnomah County, Land Use and Transportation.
State Road Closure Permit Contact Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT).
NotificationsApplicant is responsible for notifying in writing all affected businesses, residents and
emergency services impacted by this event.
Copy of notification is required.
Required The site map must show/identify street, sidewalk, and proposed parking use
restrictions/closures, and also show location of stages, fences, vendor/exhibit booths, beer/wine garden,
portable toilets, lighting and trash/recycle containers, etc.
Contact Tina Leahy in the Troutdale Public Works Department, 503 674-7222, to obtain a City Park use
permit. She will also be able to inform you whether or not you will be required to obtain an Amplified
Sound Permit.
If City support and/or equipment services are requested/required, this includes police, operational
equipment and/or grounds maintenance, technical assistance, traffic control personnel, traffic barricades
or other devices, etc. please specify. All applicable fees will be charged. Attach separate page, be specific.
A permit will not be issued without receipt of an approved Certificate of Insurance as outlined below:
Liability Insurance Applicant agrees to provide a policy of liability insurance. This insurance shall provide
coverage for not less than $1,000,000 for personal injury to each person and $1,000,000 for each
occurrence involving property damage or a Commercial General Liability insurance policy with coverage
limits of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate coverage. The limits of the
insurance shall be subject to statutory changes as to maximum limits of liability imposed on
municipalities of the State of Oregon. The sponsor agrees to maintain continuous coverage for the
duration of the permit. Applicant shall provide an Additional Insured endorsement written on an ISO CG
20 10 (11 85) form listing as additional insured the “City of Troutdale and its officers, agents and
Liquor Liability Insurance Liability insurance is required for events involving the serving of alcoholic
beverages. Liquor liability insurance or host liquor liability insurance shall provide coverage for not less
than $2,000,000 per occurrence. Higher limits may be required dependent upon the event type or as
determined by the City’s Risk Manager.
Event permit application
Revised August 2020
4 | Page
City as Additional Insured Applicant shall provide an Additional Insured endorsement written on ISO CG
20 10 (11 85) form listing as additional insured the “City of Troutdale and its officers, agents and
employees.” The certificate of insurance should list the Certificate Holder as the City of Troutdale, 219 E.
Columbia River Hwy, Troutdale, Oregon 97060, provide a description and dates of the event for which
coverage is issued.
Applicant must sign this Indemnification Agreement. Grantee acknowledges and agrees as follows:
In consideration of the City’s approval of this application for an event permit, applicant accepts
responsibility for the event and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City of Troutdale, its
officials, employees, agents, volunteers, and assigns from and against any and all claims, suits, liabilities
and expenses (including but not limited to, damages, attorney fees, and costs) that may be asserted
against the City of Troutdale arising out of or in any way related to the special event for which
permission is sought.
Applicant acknowledges that applicant has carefully read the foregoing and understands its contents.
Applicant warrants that applicant is authorized to sign this document and does so freely and without
reservation. Applicant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions contained herein.
Print Applicant Name:
_____________________________________________ Date:_______________
Applicant Signature Required:
For Office Use Only
Event Permit Application Rcv’d By: Date:
Event Permit Approved By: Date: