Entrance Scholarship - Winter 2021
This scholarship is intended to provide youth who have demonstrated academic aptitude and a
commitment to success, who are facing barriers, with an opportunity to access a higher education.
Students must be a new applicant to Columbia College. Successful recipients will be selected from regions
around the world where there are significant, ongoing, and systemic barriers to higher education.
In the inaugural year, the scholarship will provide 6 students with C$5,000 (covering approximately 9
credits) to use towards their tuition fees at Columbia College between January and August 2021.
• Students with an Offer of Admission in the University Preparatory, University Transfer or Associate
Degree program for January 2021
• Students with a minimum IELTS overall band of 6.0 (writing band at least 5.5) or equivalent
• Students with a minimum average of 85% or equivalent in final Grade 12 result.
How to apply
• Applicant is required to complete the ‘Columbia College Entrance Scholarship Application Form’
Part 1: Completed by student – Extra-curricular/Volunteer activities, personal essay
Part 2: Completed by 2 referees
• Applicant and referees should email their completed form to email@example.com
• Application deadline is November 13, 2020
Recipients will be notified by email by November 27, 2020.
438 Terminal Ave, Vancouver, BC V6A 0C1