EAST TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
FOR NON-FACULTY ADMINISTRATIVE/PROFESSIONAL AND CLERICAL/SUPPORT STAFF
East Tennessee State University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran
status, disability, age or national origin in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination
policies: Compliance Officer and Title IX Coordinator and may be contacted at: 201 Nell Dossett Hall, Johnson City, TN 37614, 423-439-8545. Additionally, the Title IX
Coordinator is designated to monitor and oversee Title IX complaints. Ver. 7/3/2019
This is to confirm your temporary appointment to a position approved by the institution as
_____________________________________________________________________________________ in the
Department of __________________________________________________________ for a period beginning
______________, 20____, and ending no later than ____________, 20____, at an hourly/monthly salary of
$______________, subject to the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth and your acceptance thereof:
1. This appointment is made subject to the laws of the State of Tennessee and the requirements and policies
of this institution.
2. The above-stated salary is contingent upon your successful completion of service for the full term of this
agreement. The salary will accrue and will be payable as follows: ____________________________ (pay
cycle). In the event of failure to complete the specific terms of the appointment, salary will be prorated in
accordance with the policies of this institution.
3. This appointment and the above-stated salary are in consideration of your faithful performance to the best
of your ability of the duties and responsibilities assigned to you as a temporary employee of this
4. As a temporary employee, you are not eligible for employment benefits (retirement credit, state insurance
plan, annual or sick leave, holiday pay or longevity credit). Notwithstanding, social security will be
deducted from your paycheck unless you are a member of a retirement system or are a rehired annuitant
as specified in 26 CFR Part 31.
5. This appointment does not include any assurance, obligation, or guarantee of subsequent employment.
6. This agreement may be terminated without prior notice.
7. By acceptance of this appointment, I agree to abide by the terms of the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988
as defined in published institution statements and policy. I also agree to notify the Office of Human
Resources of any criminal drug conviction for a violation occurring in the workplace no later than five days
after such conviction. I agree to abide by the institutional policies and procedures concerning the FERPA
and HIPAA Privacy Regulations to ensure appropriate confidentiality of the health information that I
encounter in my job. I agree to abide by the policies of the institution regarding Intellectual Property, and
hereby acknowledge my responsibilities under those policies to disclose and possibly assign (as required
under policy) Intellectual Property developed by me, either solely or jointly with others, during the term of
my employment, and to otherwise assist the institution as required by policy in protecting rights it may
have in that Intellectual Property.
8. You are required to notify the Director of Human Resources should you become employed in another
position at ETSU or at another state agency/institution.
9. A sexual offender registry, adult registry and/or criminal background check may be required by both
Tennessee State law and University policy for employees and contractors with certain job duties. I do
hereby consent to a background check and acknowledge the review and approval of the background check
is a pre-condition to employment at the University.