© 2019 Navy Federal NFCU 94 (6-19)
Durable Power of Attorney
If you decide to use the NFCU Durable POA, please read and follow the instructions below:
1. Complete this form in its entirety. This includes lling out your information and the information for your AIF, and Co-AIF
and/or a Successor AIF, if applicable. This information is required in order for us to correctly identify your AIF(s) and
you. Any reference to the AIF will include the Co-AIF if you appoint a Co-AIF.
2. All applicable information elds in Sections A through G of this form must be lled out. If not applicable, please mark
the eld as “N/A.”
3. In order to grant and/or deny powers, your initials are required in the respective “Yes” or “No” boxes in Sections H
through K for each group of powers or each specic power. If a box is not initialed, then it will be deemed that the
specic authority will have not been given by you.
4. There are certain notices that must be included in this document and signed by you and your AIF, if applicable,
depending on the law in the state where you live, or the state where you sign/execute the POA.
5. Remember that this POA is only valid for powers related to nancial business with NFCU. You may limit the AIF’s
powers to certain accounts in Section G, if needed.
6. Your signature must be acknowledged before either a notary public or a person authorized under 10 USC § 1044a to
perform a notarial act for members of the armed forces.
7. You will also need two (2) unrelated and disinterested individuals who must be at least 18 years old to witness your
signature on this POA.
8. If you make no selections in Section E, then this document will r emain in effect until it is revoked by you; it is
superseded by a subsequent NFCU POA or Non-NFCU POA; it is superseded by a court order or the appointment
of a Guardian/Custodian/Conservator; or your death.
9. You have the option of appointing a Successor AIF in case your rst designation dies, becomes incapacitated or
incompetent, or is unwilling to serve. If you appoint a Co-AIF, then your Successor AIF designation will not become
effective unless and until both the AIF and Co-AIF die, become incapacitated or incompetent, or are unwilling to serve.
Your Successor AIF will have the same powers and authority as your original AIF. Acceptable written notication
will be required to document that the Successor AIF will be taking over in place of your original AIF, and Co-AIF if
applicable. Acceptable documentation includes a death certicate or court order for your original AIF, a physician’s
statement that your original AIF is unable to manage his/her nancial affairs, or a written, notarized resignation
statement from your original AIF.
Submitting This POA to NFCU
You or the AIF can send this POA to NFCU through fax, email, or eMessage, or present it at a branch. Please note that
before your AIF can take any action on your behalf using this POA, your AIF and Co-AIF, if applicable, will have to provide
a copy of his/her valid, government-issued photo ID or NFCU Access Number. If additional information is needed, an
NFCU representative will contact you or your AIF within two (2) business days of receipt of the POA.
Mail: Navy Federal Credit Union, Attn: RS Power of Attorney
P.O. Box 36460, Pensacola, FL 32526-6460
Log in to Navy Federal Online Banking, and then click “Messages” and “Send us a message.” Please make sure to include
both the POA and a copy of a valid, government-issued photo ID for the AIF and Co-AIF, if applicable.