Which program(s) are you applying for (click the box or press the space bar to select):
☐ Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Leadership Program (if you select this option, please specify
which of the following concentrations you plan to pursue
☐ Organizational Leadership Concentration
☐ Higher Education Concentration
☐ Specialized Study Concentration
☐ P-12 Educational Leadership Concentration (if you select this option, please specify
which of the following tracks you plan to pursue)
☐ Principal Certification
☐ Superintendent Certification
☐ Program Administrator Certification
Admissions Statement Questions
On a separate sheet of paper please answer the following questions. Please limit your answers to one
or two paragraphs per short-essay question. Your answers to these questions provide the foundation
for your admissions interview.
1. Describe your reasons for wanting to participate in this program. Describe one or more
significant life experiences that have contributed to your aspirations.
2. If we asked your current supervisors and colleagues to identify your three greatest strengths,
what would they tell us? What would they say are the three areas you need to work on and
develop to become even more successful?
3. Describe your involvement in the leadership and improvement efforts within your organization,
school, and/or district.
4. In what ways do you address the issue of diversity in your personal or professional work as a
5. List the professional organizations to which you currently belong and the workshops or
conferences you have attended during the past two years.
6. Describe an effective team of which you have been a member. Tell why it was effective and tell
how you participated on this team.
7. Please feel free to give us any other information about yourself that will be important in
evaluating your readiness for acceptance into this program.
8. For students pursuing the Doctor of Education (Ed.D) in Leadership program: Articulate your
philosophy of leadership and critically evaluate how your life experiences have influenced your
leadership philosophy. Incorporate your professional, academic, and research experiences.
9. For students pursuing the Superintendent Certification: Describe one major issue that school
districts face and share how you as a superintendent would begin to address the issue. What
caused the issue? What are the problems and barriers that must be overcome to solve it?
10. For students pursuing the P-12 Educational Leadership concentration (Principal Certification,
Program Administrator Certification, and Superintendent Certification): Describe the school
conditions that best facilitate student learning. Identify those strategies you use or would use to
ensure maximum learning for all students.