U.S. House of Representatives
Washington, D.C. 20515
District Office Lease Attachment
(Page 4 of 5 – 116th Congress)
Send completed forms to: Administrative Counsel, 217 Ford House Office Building, Washington, D.C. 20515.
Copies may also be faxed to 202-225-6999.
15. Maintenance of Common Areas. Lessor agrees to maintain in good order, at its sole expense,
all public and common areas of the building including, but not limited to, all sidewalks, parking
areas, lobbies, elevators, escalators, entryways, exits, alleys and other like areas.
16. Maintenance of Structural Components. Lessor also agrees to maintain in good order, repair
or replace as needed, at its sole expense, all structural and other components of the premises
including, but not limited to, roofs, ceilings, walls (interior and exterior), floors, windows, doors,
foundations, fixtures, and all mechanical, plumbing, electrical and air conditioning/heating
systems or equipment (including window air conditioning units provided by the Lessor) serving
17. Lessor Liability for Failure to Maintain. Lessor shall be liable for any damage, either to
persons or property, sustained by Lessee or any of his or her employees or guests, caused by
Lessor’s failure to fulfill its obligations under Sections 15 and 16.
18. Initial Alterations. Lessor shall make any initial alterations to the leased premises, as requested
by Lessee and subject to Lessor’s consent, which shall not be unreasonably withheld. The cost of
such initial alterations shall be included in the annual rental rate.
19. Federal Tort Claims Act. Lessor agrees that the Federal Tort Claims Act, 28 U.S.C. §§ 2671-
80, satisfies any and all obligations on the part of the Lessee to purchase private liability
insurance. Lessee shall not be required to provide any certificates of insurance to Lessor.
20. Limitation of Liability. Lessor agrees that neither Lessee nor the House nor any of the House’s
officers or employees will indemnify or hold harmless Lessor against any liability of Lessor to
any third party that may arise during or as a result of the Lease or Lessee’s tenancy.
21. Compliance with Laws. Lessor shall be solely responsible for complying with all applicable
permitting and zoning ordinances or requirements, and with all local and state building codes,
safety codes and handicap accessibility codes (including the Americans with Disabilities Act),
both in the common areas of the building and the leased space of the Lessee.
22. Electronic Funds Transfer. Lessor agrees to accept monthly rent payments by Electronic Funds
Transfer and agrees to provide the Office of Finance, U.S. House of Representatives, with all
banking information necessary to facilitate such payments.
23. Refunds. Lessor shall promptly refund to the CAO, without formal demand, any payment made
to the Lessor by the CAO for any period for which rent is not owed because the Lease has ended
or been terminated.
24. Conflict. Should any provision of this Attachment be inconsistent with any provision of the
attached Lease or attached Amendment, the provisions of this Attachment shall control, and those
inconsistent provisions of the Lease or the Amendment shall have no force and effect to the
extent of such inconsistency.