Name: ______________________________ Date: ___________________
“They Might Be Dangerous” Vocabulary Review
READING AND WRITING
©2018 BY SCHOLASTIC INC. TEACHERS MAY MAKE COPIES OF THIS PAGE TO DISTRIBUTE TO THEIR STUDENTS.
1. When Zak first sees and hears the spacecraft, he thinks it might be a ______________.
2. Zak finds an object that could be a weapon, and Alia says it might ___________________ everyone on
3. When Zak wants to take a closer look at the spacecraft, Alia says he’s being ___________________.
4. Both Alia and Zak feel ___________________ at the sight of the aliens’ soft, pale faces and bodies.
5. Based on the sounds coming from the spacecraft, it seems like an alien inside is __________________ .
Now that you remember what each word means, pick the correct word for each sentence starter
and write it in the box. Then use your own words to complete each sentence.
6. My sister can be a bit
, so my mom makes her wear a lot of safety gear when
7. My dad says he doesn’t mind feeding my pet snake, but I saw the look of
his face when .
8. In the story I just read, a huge
falls from the sky and lands in the middle of
9. If the deadly virus is allowed to spread, it could quickly
10. As I watched the firefighters rush into the burning building, I could hear the
cries of .
annihilate desperate meteorite reckless revulsion
Directions: Reread the vocabulary definitions on page 21. Then choose the best word
from the Word Bank to complete each sentence.
“They Might Be Dangerous,” pages 20-25