UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON DATE OF CV
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE CURRICULUM VITAE FORMAT
The curriculum vitae should contain the following information:
1. Personal Data: Legal Name, Place of birth; citizenship, if applicable.
2. Education: University of undergraduate and graduate degrees (indicate places and dates).
3. Postgraduate Training: Internship, residencies, fellowships (places and dates).
4. Faculty Positions Held: (places and dates).
5. Hospital Positions Held: (places and dates). Do not duplicate #3 above.
6. Current Employment:
7. Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Xi, AOA, Prizes, RCDAs, Young Investigator Awards, Teaching Awards,
8. Board Certification: General Medical and Specialty Boards (indicate date received).
9. Current License(s) to Practice: States and dates.
10. Professional Organizations: Include offices held.
11. Teaching Responsibilities: List specific courses, specific responsibility and percentage of responsibility if
shared course. Indicate role in teaching committees. List recent CME. List trainees during last 5 years, if
12. Editorial Responsibilities: Include positions on editorial boards. Do not include occasional reviewing
13. Special National Responsibilities: Study sections, Training Grant Committees, American Heart Association
and other similar responsibilities.
14. Special Local Responsibilities: University and Hospital committees. Do not duplicate teaching committees
listed in #10.
15. Research Funding: Sources, dates and dollars. Include Training Grants.
16. Bibliography (use the format described in (a) for (b) through (f)):
a) First section: Manuscripts in refereed journals with authors listed in the order they appear in the original
publication. Include manuscripts in press (i.e. accepted for publication). Number these articles
consecutively and include the first and last page numbers of each article.
b) Second section: Book chapters
c) Third section: Published books, videos, software, etc.
d) Fourth section: Other publications e.g. in non-referred journals and letters to the editor.
e) Fifth section: Manuscripts submitted, listed separately with date of submission. Do not list manuscripts
in preparation or work in progress.
f) Final section: List Abstracts.
17. Other: National invitational lectures, etc.
Page 1 of 1